When you go away?

goosegoose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm leaving for a trip in a couple of week's and I was wondering what others do when they have a cat that is timid and hides from others all the time? I worry she will get lonely when I am gone and might get depressed? I have never been away from my cats for a very long time, a week the most, and this time I will be gone longer. Not sure if their personalities will change and they will get upset? Fight each other more etc...

Should it be okay as long as there are other people in the house? She does have a younger sister she cuddles with, so maybe it won't be so bad?

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Separation anxiety is not common in cats like it is in dogs, and most do fine, but might be a little disappointed that you dared leave when you come back... expect some complaining like a wife when coming in too late. At least that's what happened w/ me when I had to be gone twice for two weeks.

As long as there is someone there to check on em and feed/water/litterbox etc duties, I wouldn't worry too much.

If you're still concerned, leave some of your worn clothes out in a pile, and kitty can smell ya and cuddle w/ those objects when gone.