When you can’t decide on a water bowl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Which just goes to show that even pet parents can be idiots. I wonder whether they're filtering tap water for themselves; some people are just very uptight about tap water.

Margret
True I mean most bottled water that’s in stores is actually tap water. I always say if it’s safe for humans it’s safe for pets too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ahh every stainless steel one I can find is so expensive. I found one that is similar to what I showed but it’s $34 and out of stock. Everywhere else it’s on it’s $50 or more.

I did find this one here: Pet Water Bowl

I may go with that if not I will have to get the one I showed in my first post. Even though both my cats can get cat chin acne from time to time. Idk how to prevent it that is safe for them. Any research I found said get rid of plastic water bowls. Only bad part about the kind of water bowl I have(it’s like the one I showed in the first post)you have to constantly replace them every year. I hate that they make it hard to be a pet parent.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
True I mean most bottled water that’s in stores is actually tap water. I always say if it’s safe for humans it’s safe for pets too.
Unless it has garlic or chocolate or some such in it, but a municipal water supply with those things added would be very strange indeed. People might worry about the chlorine in tap water, but that's negligible, and some folks still think that fluoride added to water is a communist plot (according to my vet it may help to protect against tooth decay in cats the same as it does in humans), but my personal policy is simply to ignore it when people spout this kind of nonsense.

Margret

Pywacket21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My mom used to say if you gave a dog candy, they would get worms. I asked her if she got worms after eating candy? Well, no.
So it’s the same with tap water. If it’s ok for humans, it’s ok for pets. Who would drink from puddles and toilets.