When to give up on cats not getting along?

BigCoffinHunter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This just really started recently when he finally decided to stop being afraid of me and my spouse

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GGPeeGee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update...I had a Cat Behaviorist over and she suggested starting the re-introduction process over using the method prescribed by Jackson Galaxy. I'm also clicker training both of them and added puzzle games to their activities.
Currently they are in separate spaces with no visible contact. I also site swap twice a day. Keep your fingers crossed!

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chiming in late, but I agree with the prior posters -- one cat wanting to play and the other reacting with some hissing, swatting and tension is more or less the permanent state of affairs for some cat pairs. Eventually, it usually improves towards toleration, but it can take a while. Its not the same as wanting to attack and injure.

All of that said, it should be fine to use the Jackson Galaxy method. Worst case it doesn't change anything and you've gone through some hassle without any gain. The method is not really not any different from the method described in this site's article so feel free to ask us anything. One thing we hear about from people using his method is that difficulties with the feeding on opposite sides of the door thing. Jackson doesn't mention the fact that you can move the dishes further away if needed and gradually move them closer.