When to expect kitten

tia's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my first attempt at breeding my himalayan,I was told to expect her kitten (she was x-rayed and there was only one) on day 63 to 65 but here we are at day 67 and no kitten. I'm getting worried. is this normal or should I take her to the vet. She is acting perfectly normal, but I am concerned about the size of the kitten? Help!!!!!

kittypurr25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it wouldnt hurt to call the vets office and see what they suggest....id do so just to be on the safe side....keep us posted

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tia's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went home at lunch time only to discover that Tia is doing everything that seems appropriate for labour. so I think we might have success, she is staying in her box (which she took no interest in until now) and seems to want me to reassure her. she is moving around trying to get comfortable so I guess I was worring for nothing. But if nothing happens in a few hours I wil call the vet and have her checked out.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Best of luck with your first litter from Tia. I well remember how it felt to be on "baby watch" and can only offer the following in the way of "been there, done that" encouragement ... Breathe. Remember to breathe. *smile*

Waiting for updates,

~gf~

crazybash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tia's Mom

This is my first attempt at breeding my himalayan,I was told to expect her kitten (she was x-rayed and there was only one) on day 63 to 65 but here we are at day 67 and no kitten. I'm getting worried. is this normal or should I take her to the vet. She is acting perfectly normal, but I am concerned about the size of the kitten? Help!!!!!
wait 3 more days if still no kitten go and see the vet...