When do they grow out of this phase?

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my 4-month old kitten Polly. But I'm wondering how long it usually takes them to grow out of chasing feet and legs under the covers at night. She's already much better than she was when we first got her, but she starts about 6 in the morning.

Rachel

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to laugh at this.

Not because I am mocking your pain, but because I have a cat who has NEVER grown out of the nighttime games!!!!

Snickers is 14 years old, and starting about 4am every single morning (weekends, weekdays, holidays, etc.) the little bugger will paw at my hair, bat my head, nibble my cheeks, make these freakish trilling noises just to wake me up. So I pet him and give him lovin's. It ain't enough, so he starts it all over again.

So after the game is up, and I feed him? He goes off to sleep in the sunshine!

Anyhoo I doubt some cats ever grow out of this. Playful cats usually stay playful!

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're lucky it only starts at 6 am. Do you normally get up to feed your kitten that early in the morning? Izzie doesn't play with my legs under the covers but she VERY much demands that I wake up at 6:30 am. She just wants me up cuz she knows I normally get up at that time. I usually feed them too when I first get out of bed, but they aren't always out of food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissCharlotte

You're lucky it only starts at 6 am. Do you normally get up to feed your kitten that early in the morning? Izzie doesn't play with my legs under the covers but she VERY much demands that I wake up at 6:30 am. She just wants me up cuz she knows I normally get up at that time. I usually feed them too when I first get out of bed, but they aren't always out of food.
It's not normal getting up time for me. When I just had Prego, he would nose me and bother me early in the morning if I fed him as soon as I got up. So now I make both cats wait until I've brushed my teeth, gotten dressed, etc. They are meal fed since they eat two different foods, so they never have food in the bowls in the morning.

Polly just has so much energy. She even brings toy mice on the bed to play with in the middle of the night. It's cute, but also somewhat annoying.

It's August and I'm wearing thick wool socks to bed

ripley601

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My first cat used to do that. It drove me absolutely batty. Finnally I had to lock her out of the room. Then in the morning as soon as the alarm went off, you would hear what sounded like a stampede of elephants running thru the house, then a body slam at the door,
and the 2 paws sticking underneth the door moving and grabbing at the carpet on my side of the room.."get up GEEEETTTTT UUUPPPPPPPPPPPP, mommy I know your in there , i know your awwwwaaakkkeee ,,,ahhhhhhhh gettttt uupppp"

buckeye23

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 2 girls have pretty much stopped and they both just turned 1 year old.

They only attack my feet if I really, really tease them with them. I try not to encourage bad behavior.

Instead, they've taken to giving cat massages (kneeding my back), curling up in a kitte ball, and head butting me.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two wake me up at 2am every morning by purring in my ear and laying on my head. I stroke them, then put them on the floor. They disappear for a few hours, then ususally come back at about 6am and start again. I put them on floor, then finally give in a give them cuddles at 6.30am. Alarm goes off at 6.45am anyway!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night 3 of thrm took turns keeping me awake. Bobs was just spayed and is feeling better so she had to be in my face, she would settle back and then Bakker jumped on the bed and he was kneading my head for a while, he jumps off and them Grizzly had to make her way form the foot of the bed. No rest for the wicked!!!