When are your kitties due?

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im not sure about the date Silver got pregnant, im assuming since she is an indoor cat that she will be due end of this coming because if my calculations are correct thats about the time she escaped when a friend opened the door.

So I want to keep track of all the babies being born..I want to see pics. When are your babies due? And if she had them already can you tell us about her last days when labor started?

I swear I feel like im the one thats preggo...ugghh.

:vibes: Sending lots of good energy to you all.:vibes:

nyghthawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*sighs* I wish I could say for sure. I'm guessing any time between now and the 25th. I have no idea when she got pregnant, so I have no real way of knowing any of it for sure. :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So you and I both are in the same boat...its so frustrating not knowing..and im waiting a little longer to take her to the vet..I dont want to just yet.

Hopefully she will have no complications. Well nyghthawk keep in touch on this thread pls and let us know if something changes. Is yours eating alot? Mine eats like a pig..lol and she was a light eater before.

nyghthawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was eating a lot, up until today. Two 5 ounce tins of food a day! But she's also starting to slow down and take more time to just lay wherever her body tells her to. She may be having them in the next day or so, or next week. I really don't know.  The amount of food actually surprised me...she's not a large cat. But, with eating for her and her kittens, I should have expected it. lol

I don't have easy access to a vet. The closest ones are a 2+ hour drive away. So I'm winging it, so to speak. I've been reading up on normal vs. complicated cat births and getting things together. I don't think she'll have any major issues, but it's better to be prepared. I went through the same thing with 4 of my pregnancies..they were homebirths, so it was expected that I have a 'birth kit' together and ready to go.

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I did the same thing I put a kit together..

I bought the rubber bulb to suction the mucus for babies..lots of white towels so I could see what color are her discharge and to clean up babies or massage them..

mercurochrome ..thread...a big cute cartoon fleece blanket for her and babies to lay on after they are all clean and mom ofcourse.

I also have an electric blanket heater..I will be putting it on bottom half side of the box on low/medium so they can keep toasty.

I got a bowl of food and water and put it next to nesting box so she can eat or drink while in labor if needed.
I have scissors but not going to use them since ill just use my nail..

I also got some hydrogen peroxide in case I need it and alcohol wipes and normal ones also.

Hopefully im ready for her. Let me know any changes.

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But she's also starting to slow down and take more time to just lay wherever her body tells her to. She may be having them in the next day or so, or next week. I really don't know.  The amount of food actually surprised me...she's not a large cat. But, with eating for her and her kittens, I should have expected it. .
Yes the slowing down happens also..moodiness too...is she moody? Mine is with her brother..not with me.

Silver used to eat like a bird she was a petite kittie but since she got preggo she eats like a lion..wow..I would say she eats every 20 minutes..alot! And she eats during the night maybe 3 to 4 times..she wakes me up chewing her crunchy kibbles kitten food. Lol I had to put bowls with food and water all through the apt..ny sons room..ny room and in kitchen. I know im crazy. Lol

nyghthawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, HeavensKitty!
No, she's not any more moody than usual. lol Don't touch her stomach (at all), don't fuss over her, don't give her kisses and don't make her get off the dogs blanket. So long as those rules are followed, she's quite content to ignore almost everyone!
Thankfully, the dog realizes that arguing with Lilith is a bad idea and moves over rather than fighting. She still gets most of the blanket..just not the quarter of it that is against the wall.

I'm worrying about her, though. She keeps getting larger and she IS eating, but even so, her little hips are sticking out and she looks so danged uncomfortable. I thought it was hard on me when I had my twins..I look at her and count my blessings. The kittens are moving strongly enough that they're throwing her off balance when she's trying to walk, too. Silly litle ones..they should know better!

Looking at her, I'm guessing that she'll have at least four.

Tomorrow is (hopefully) my shopping trip. We're under a storm watch right now..two systems are going to be coming together right over top of us. If I can make it into the city, I'll have everything I need for her..food, more litter, kitten milk (just in case) and all of my regular groceries on top of it all. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the snow to hold off until the evening, for her to NOT go into labour tonight or tomorrow AND for an easy time of it in the stores!

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I totally understand..lol I also had twins! Wow 2 storms...stay safe...I love snow..only hot weather here in dull Florida. ; (

I still Don't feel her babies that much..it feels like bubbles no kicking yet. Her little vagina is getting swollen and has some white thick discharge so she has been licking alot. I cant stand the waiting game.

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in the same boat as the 2 of you in that I don't know for sure since she was a stray that was already pregnant when I took her in, I'm thinking it must be any day now though.
I've also got my 'birth kit' ready, just need to get some dental floss and a suction bulb thing and I'm sorted, I'm getting impatient now but she's just so chilled she doesn't seem to care that she's huge lol.

nyghthawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My twins were the last two out of seven. :-) I think if they had come earlier on, I wouldn't have had any of the others!
Today Lilith is being a bit spazzy..racing around the house, usually underfoot. Silly little girl. lol I noticed her passengers are settling lower now.
The storm is holding off until tonight, so we should be alright!

nyghthawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm in the same boat as the 2 of you in that I don't know for sure since she was a stray that was already pregnant when I took her in, I'm thinking it must be any day now though.
I've also got my 'birth kit' ready, just need to get some dental floss and a suction bulb thing and I'm sorted, I'm getting impatient now but she's just so chilled she doesn't seem to care that she's huge lol.
I love that about cats! The ones we had on the farm when I was a kid were always so mellow during pregnancy. They were barn cats, but perfectly tame...so I was able to sit with them and feel the babies move, etc.

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok ladies so last night all night Silver was on top of me with belly facing up so I could touch her..all night long. ..so this morning she has been jumping and playing like if she didn't have a big belly..I bought her a toy mouse that squeaks when you grab him and she has been playing with it all day.

I like seeing her like that but its weird cus she is so big.

nyghthawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok ladies so last night all night Silver was on top of me with belly facing up so I could touch her..all night long. ..so this morning she has been jumping and playing like if she didn't have a big belly..I bought her a toy mouse that squeaks when you grab him and she has been playing with it all day.

I like seeing her like that but its weird cus she is so big.
Lilith was doing that yesterday evening/night. Racing around like a total nutcase. My dog was staring at her like she was on drugs.

I can only refer to my own pregnancies and I remember that just before each were born, I had this incredible burst of energy that would just about have me vibrating. I'm going to guess this is something similar.

Lilith's little ones have dropped more. She has been totally spoiled with all sorts of food to test out, including chicken and lamb. Picked up kitten milk replacement powder, nursing kit, bulb syringe and what not.

I'm ready!

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh cool im going to get some for Silver..I had thought about that but I wasnt sure if I should. She was raised on that kitten milk..I bottled fed them from 5 days till like maybe 9 weeks old and I left it at just one bottle at bedtime..they loved it. They started soft kitten food at 4 weeks.

I gave them Whiskas? I dont know the right name...what brand did you get?

nyghthawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh cool im going to get some for Silver..I had thought about that but I wasnt sure if I should. She was raised on that kitten milk..I bottled fed them from 5 days till like maybe 9 weeks old and I left it at just one bottle at bedtime..they loved it. They started soft kitten food at 4 weeks.

I gave them Whiskas? I dont know the right name...what brand did you get?
I saw Whiskas today, but that is for weaned kittens. So I went to a different store (Petsmart) and bought this:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3480958&lmdn=Food&f=PAD/psNotAvailInCA/No

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:vibes:If Silver makes it to Thursday im taking her to the Vet in the afternoon. Made the appt already. .want to make sure her and babies are ok.

They said if I want to know how many they are it will cost me $90 dollars more. I think ill wait..I wish I could but cant do it right now.

So I will keep you guys updated.