• This is an okay choice?

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Sporterwatson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
B7CF6E6C-5018-4025-9D69-726CA709866B.jpeg
I feed my kittens Simply Nourish Source kitten food-Natural, Grain free, High Protein, Chicken & Turkey. I would love to hear some opinions on this brand.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sporterwatson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I do mix wet food in. It’s the same brand but I do not do it everyday more like two to three times a week.

Sporterwatson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok. Thanks for your response.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Catfooddb rates it highly Simply Nourish Source High Protein Kitten Food Cat Food Review

I've fed Simply Nourish in the past but now I try to avoid pea and potato as much as possible, especially in the first 5 ingredients. So for me, it us "okay".

I agree that if possible wet food should make up the bulk of the diet. Even Fancy Feast Classics would have much less carbs and more meat protein than the dry food :)

Sporterwatson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree. I’m going to give them wet food more often than three days out of the week so it balances it out. I wasn’t aware of how much of a balance they needed until I started this feed. Thank you for responding.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks really good to me, for a dry food. The only better one I can think of is Dr. Elsey’s.

Sporterwatson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks really good to me, for a dry food. The only better one I can think of is Dr. Elsey’s.
Yea I think I’m going to keep using this brand for a little while longer.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have fed this for over a year. its ok. they recently made a change. The pieces are small now. Some others have said on their site. They noticed their poop smells more now. Im not sure the recipe changed or not. Im thinking of changing but its hard to find that size bag for that price and grain free :(

FYI i feed the adult chicken and turkey. Tempted to try the duck version. but its more expensive and doesnt come in the large bag

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed the wet version of Simply Nourish - the chicken and turkey stew....it's full of vegetables...which is weird - whole peas, carrots, what I think is potato but I'm not sure? HA! Lots of pieces of chicken and turkey. The cats gobble it up. I find it weird that they are so willing to eat vegetables........
I don't feed it often, but I buy some when it's on sale.

HPeters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Based on the wording of the food, it contains somewhere between 25-95% chicken and turkey with it being a "recipe" which means its not the best but its not terrible

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish they didn't put peas and potatoes in them but I guess they need some kind of starchy binder and those are better than unpronounceable ingredients.