Whats your favorite Salad Dressing?

cyber cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love Thousand Island and Catalina dressing. But my absolute favourite is my Grandma’s salad dressing she makes with Knorr Seasoning.

4 table spoon’s of Vegetable oil
1 table spoon of white Vinegar
1 teaspoon of Knorr Seasoning
½ teaspoon of sugar

Mix Well and poor on salad!

It’s taste SO good!!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already answered but forgot to mention Penzy's Italian vinegar and oil dressing...It is my absolute favorite!!!!

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this kind already. I must be really old. LOL

Green Goddess! Kraft Seven Seas makes it, and while I understand the original from-scratch recipe contains anchovies, I have only had the commercially bottled version.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, most places i order ranch...but my favorite is at a restaurant here locally. it's a balsamic vinegar/roasted garlic vinagrette - simply fabulous! but that's the only place i've ever found it. i have made some myself at home, but it's not as good

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

Maybe?

Yeah.. pizza, mashed potatoes, french fries, etc etc.. I like it on almost everything.. I put it on spagehtti once.. and I won't do that again.
you sound like me, Ranch & Pizza, Ranch & French Fries, Ranch & Chicken, Ranch & Hamburgers, Ranch & Mashed Potatoes...etc...

Never did the ranch and spaghetti though....I'm a little cautious of that one!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vibiana

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this kind already. I must be really old. LOL

Green Goddess! Kraft Seven Seas makes it, and while I understand the original from-scratch recipe contains anchovies, I have only had the commercially bottled version.
Someone just bought me a salad starter kit from Penzy's and Green Goddess mix is in there! I remembered someone mentioned it on the site, but I've never heard of it. What's it like?

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I usually make my own dressing, without seasoning or spice mixes, just plain olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and a spoonful or two of yoghurt.

However, I used to go to a mall in Luxembourg where they made fantastic dressing, so delicious I wanted to lick the salad bowl every time!

Unfortunately, I now live quite far away from there and the last few times I have been there, both the prices and the quality have deteriorated, but I still dream of that dressing...YUMMY!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vibiana

I used to absolutely LOVE the green goddess dressing from Fran's Restaurants in the Toronto area. Alas, Fran's are no longer around and I've never seen green goddess dressing anywhere else. It really was delicious.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do I have to pick just one?
I actually dont have a *favorite*...I like Ranch,French, and Thousand Island(w/bacon) and I also am a big fan of dipping about everything in Ranch

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I used to absolutely LOVE the green goddess dressing from Fran's Restaurants in the Toronto area. Alas, Fran's are no longer around and I've never seen green goddess dressing anywhere else. It really was delicious.
I just got some from Penzy's...what does it taste like?

vicious vaness

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm the type of person who can't eat veggies unless it's drenched in some kind of sauce. I like a lot of different salad dressings. I think it really depends on what kind of salad it is. Usually if I have to choose the dressing, I like a mixture of ranch and bleu cheese.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

I just got some from Penzy's...what does it taste like?
It's been so many years since I've had it, I can't even remember what it tasted like - I just know I loved the flavour.

amandaofcols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ranch is my all time fav, but the salad dressings served at Mikata's, Tokyo (Japanese restaurant here), and Shogun is just divine!! I could eat my weight in that stuff!!!!
But no, I don't dip anything other than salad in ranch... That's just a little weird for me...