What's your cat's favorite guilty pleasure canned food? :)

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky absolutely LOVED chicken from Taco Bell :lol3: The day he got diagnosed with renal failure and I'd taken him in to have them show me how to give subqs, he and I made a run for the border afterwards (it's my guilty pleasure food too) because I needed comfort food. I had a chicken taco salad. Lucky was feeling pretty good after his subqs, and decided to slowly crawl into my lap. I watched his beautiful little head dip into the taco salad, and he took off with a piece of chicken. I just watched in shock. And it's a pretty good memory :)

Sara likes butter. Actually she LOVES butter. Cream cheese. All that stuff.

Yeah, I know, canned food, lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lucky absolutely LOVED chicken from Taco Bell
The day he got diagnosed with renal failure and I'd taken him in to have them show me how to give subqs, he and I made a run for the border afterwards (it's my guilty pleasure food too) because I needed comfort food. I had a chicken taco salad. Lucky was feeling pretty good after his subqs, and decided to slowly crawl into my lap. I watched his beautiful little head dip into the taco salad, and he took off with a piece of chicken. I just watched in shock. And it's a pretty good memory

Sara likes butter. Actually she LOVES butter. Cream cheese. All that stuff.

Yeah, I know, canned food, lol.
  I LOVE IT! That's hilarious 
TacoBell is seriously my guilty pleasure fast food place! I don't care much for others. Anything cheesy with refried beans..... mmmm
No canned foods really. All 3 of mine are so picky yes, even Henry now. He used to be such a good eater and then Queen Lilith got into his head and he's now almost as fussy as the girls are

One day they will inhale a food and the next time they get it, they will look at it like it's something I just scraped out of a dumpster.

Lilith adores scrambled eggs and most grilled, baked or broiled meats (unseasoned of course). She also loves Boar's Head low sodium turkey breast but her favorite is Boar's Head picante provolone cheese.

Sophie's not crazy about people food but she does like steak and the Boar's Head low sodium turkey breast

Henry has a more sensitive stomach than the girls as far as people food goes but likes the turkey breast also and he likes scrambled eggs
HAHA I know what you mean about the abrupt change in preferences!!! One day he loves a food, the next day he looks sad when I give it to him.....

My cat doesn't like scrambles eggs.... he only likes them sunny side up so he can pop and lick the yolk. It's cute. I also feel like any sort of lunch meat cuts, a cat will love it.  :) 

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Always tried to be careful when giving my Midnight human food, but she really liked the taste of BBQ sauce. I'd give her only a small bit, but it was enough. Made her happy all day long!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
No canned foods really. All 3 of mine are so picky yes, even Henry now. He used to be such a good eater and then Queen Lilith got into his head and he's now almost as fussy as the girls are

One day they will inhale a food and the next time they get it, they will look at it like it's something I just scraped out of a dumpster.

Yes! You find something reasonably priced and quite good nutrition wise and they gobble down the first few cans. So next time you go shopping you buy crate of the stuff and they look at you like you're trying to poison them!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  I LOVE IT! That's hilarious 
TacoBell is seriously my guilty pleasure fast food place! I don't care much for others. Anything cheesy with refried beans..... mmmm
This reminds me that our previous cat, Brooksie, loved refried beans! I dropped a little on the floor one day and she lapped it up before I could wipe it up... after that I sometimes gave her little bits.

And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loves Taco Bell!
(My husband's not much of a fan but had to admit it saved us a bunch of times on a certain road trip!)

lucymagilicutty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats love Friskies canned food so every once in a while I'll give them some as a treat.  Sometimes I'll mix it with a more expensive, healthier food to entice them to eat it.  I have one cat who is a dry food addict, but he'll eat friskies canned, go figure.  They also love anything with Tuna in it so I usually will give them something like Weruva Mideast Feast once a week.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh Winston! Look at that face :) I know! And I love how real it looks. It's seriously so stinky but I put up with it for Ghibli because I know it probably tastes so good to a cat! very veryyyy seafood-y.