What's your best buy for cat care?

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi folks,
I'm new to the care and grooming thread but have been a member of the site since April 2013. I usually use the Pregnant Cats forum, but thought I would share this with fellow members.
My best buy would have to be this
My Ginny had 6 kittens on the 20th April and a couple of days after having them she moved them to under the sofa. We were a bit concerned but had a webcam we were able to put in the sofa to keep an eye on them. We then purchased the playpen and it has been amazing and so useful. Here is the manufacturers write up.

Fabric Pet Play Pen
Colour: BLUE
Panels: 8 panels
Lightweight, portable and fully assembled
Easy to fold flat, easy storage
Can be used both indoors and outdoors
Quick and easy soft sided playpen for home and travel
Two roll up and zipped doors
4 metal hooks to hold the play pen onto ground if necessary
Floor cover is waterproof and removable easy to clean bottom
8 Panels with mesh for air flow and visibility
Detachable Mesh Cover for shade and security
Side storage pockets provide a place to keep handy things
Suitable for dogs, cats, puppies, rabbits, guinea pigs and many other house pets
Our safe and expandable pen makes it great for play, exercise and house training. This pen sets up completely just in seconds, and no tools or connection pieces are required! What's more, the SASCOM Pet Playpen is perfect for hamsters, hedgehogs, gerbils, guinea pigs and many other house pets
Choosing your product size and colour:

1) Small, (W)37cm x (H)37cm, 90cm diameter and colour blue, SAS-FPP3

2) Medium, (W)61cm x (H)61cm , 145cm diameter and colour blue, SAS-FPP6

3) Large, (W)61cm x (H)76cm, 145cm diameter and colour blue, SAS-FPP9

When the babies got active and we were all out at work it was great as we could keep them confined and safe so that they came to no harm. And I have been using it this week as the one female I had left ( we kept 4 of the babies) was spayed and I wanted to keep her separate from the boys while she recovered.
The boys are being done next Friday and will be using it again. I purchased it from eBay and as the kittens got bigger I got another and sewed them together so they had a sleeping area and a play area. You can get 2 litter boxes inside easily.
It's my best buy for raising kittens.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We have this exact same pen.  We got it for helping integrate new cats into our household.  We put a new cat inside with water, food and small litter box and sprayed around the perimeter with Feliway spray.  That way, new and old cats could sniff each other and get close without anybody getting hurt.  We would leave the new cat in the pen for 1-2 hours, then put him back in his safe room, and let the resident cats get inside the pen and sniff around.  It worked pretty well for brief meet 'n greets.

It's a well made, sturdy pen and was a good buy for us, too. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
This would have been great when my girls were very unwell.  One had to come home from each vet trip still fully sedated and caring for her until it was fully out of her system was a real headache.  When she and her sister spent their individual final days with me each of them had very restricted mobility and again this would have been a wonderful and safer alternative for them, particularly when I had to go out for short periods.  Great idea for keeping tiny kittens safe when they start to explore their world and no mum or human available to watch 24/7!