Whats Wrong With My Cat?!

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hes usually always hungry and active but today she has been laying down for HOURS i mean if she was sleeping that would be fine but sHES NOT SHES JUST STARING AT ME FOR HOURS ????????? i pet her many times cause i thought she wants attention but she just purrs and when i stop she stops too and its like a loop shes just layin down n starin at me im rly worried about her :( im worried if its because she has been drinking water from the bathrooms floor whenever her water bowl is empty and im not around

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: I GAVE HER MILK FROM THE FRIDGE AND SHE DRANK ALOOOT but she started freezing so much NOW I FEEL So GUILTY UGH HELP i put 4 towels on top of her cus shes rlyyyy freezing someone help does she hav fever? i cant take her to the vet right now cus im home alone

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
USually she would freak out from the towels and get up sometimes run away but SHES LITERALLY NOT MOVING AT ALL RIGHT NOW WHAT IS GOING ON

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thTS 4 LAYERS OF CLOTH

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok thanks 9 views n no body helps im literally recording her now cus i feel like its her last moments urgh :'(

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Online advice is no substitute for veterinary care; nobody can diagnose her from afar, which is why you're not getting responses. Try to keep her warm and get her to a vet asap.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:for her, and let us know what the vet says.

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
h
Online advice is no substitute for veterinary care; nobody can diagnose her from afar, which is why you're not getting responses. Try to keep her warm and get her to a vet asap.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:for her, and let us know what the vet says.
hmm :( i really thought someone could help me. I told my sister(shes an adult) to take her to the vet she just laughed
at me nobody in my home cares anyways ill update her condition right now: she can barley move she has a very hard ttime just trying to get up shes been sittin in the same spot since morninb n still freezing i actually made A BIG MISTAKE BY GIVING HER MILK! it just made her more sick and i put 4 cloth on top of her which is also wrong. cus since she has fever i shouldve tried to cool her down but ijust made her more hot .. i sprayed some water on her to cool down ..

EmmiTemmi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey Diana, really sorry you're going through this right now. It's always difficult to watch your sweet cat in pain and feeling helpless to do anything.

Is there any way you can get someone else to give you a ride to the vet with your cat? A friend, or friend's parent? It sounds like your cat is very ill, and no advice online can ever do better than taking your cat to physically see a professional vet.

You're right that it was a bad idea to give her milk. Cat's can't digest the lactose in it, and it gives them upset tummies. But now you know, so when she gets healthy again you won't give her milk!

Please keep updating us on your sweet cat, and try everything in your power to get her to a vet. She's relying on you to help her when she can't help herself. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey Diana, really sorry you're going through this right now. It's always difficult to watch your sweet cat in pain and feeling helpless to do anything.

Is there any way you can get someone else to give you a ride to the vet with your cat? A friend, or friend's parent? It sounds like your cat is very ill, and no advice online can ever do better than taking your cat to physically see a professional vet.

You're right that it was a bad idea to give her milk. Cat's can't digest the lactose in it, and it gives them upset tummies. But now you know, so when she gets healthy again you won't give her milk!

Please keep updating us on your sweet cat, and try everything in your power to get her to a vet. She's relying on you to help her when she can't help herself. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:
thank u so much u hav no idea how ur comment made me happy. well she's not recovering at all she's refusing to drink water and only licks the food like 3 times then turns away even when i try to force her to drink or eat shes so stubborn !! :mad: i put water on her body so she licks herself but i dont think its enough i dont know really . btw i actually finally convinced my sister to take her to the vet but its 10 pm now all vets here close at 8pm. she actually tried to approach me and walked towards me but it was very hard for her i had to give her a hand to sleep on my lap. she falls with every step she takes UGH IT HURTS MY HEART SO MUCH IM STARTING TO GET WORRIED IF SHELL BE ABLE TO SURVIVE UNTIL TOMORROW

EmmiTemmi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad your sister has agreed to help take your cat to the vet. Are there any emergency vet services in your area? They are normally open 24/7, and may cost more, but it's worth it. If not, then keep trying to get your kitty to eat and drink. Even if she'll only eat a little bit, it's better than nothing. Have you tried warming up her wet food slightly to see if that will entice her to eat a little more? I'm so sorry this is happening to you, I can't imagine the heart break and stress you're under. I can tell you really love your cat and just want to see her healthy again. How old is she, and what's her name?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, I am also so sorry to hear you and your cats distress. She is moving a little bit and eating a little bit, these are tiny improvements. As has been mentioned and I'm sure you will, keep trying to get her to eat more. I did want to comment also that sometimes people will view a new post and not feel confident about responding to the problem, plus I think there is a time zone difference for some of the members. In any case you have been trying your darndest to do your best to help your cat and she is aware of this, please know that.

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad your sister has agreed to help take your cat to the vet. Are there any emergency vet services in your area? They are normally open 24/7, and may cost more, but it's worth it. If not, then keep trying to get your kitty to eat and drink. Even if she'll only eat a little bit, it's better than nothing. Have you tried warming up her wet food slightly to see if that will entice her to eat a little more? I'm so sorry this is happening to you, I can't imagine the heart break and stress you're under. I can tell you really love your cat and just want to see her healthy again. How old is she, and what's her name?
hi thank you so much for commenting and I'm so sorry for not updating sooner i've been a little busy because my school started but my cat is back to normal and I'm soooooooooo happy i was so scared she would die :'( um i'm not really sure how old she is cause my moms friend gave her to us and she didn't mention her age?? but shes still a tiny kitten <3 i actually didn't go to the vet cus my mom suddenly had to go to hospital n many many things happened but despite everything she recovered! She started eating but It took her a couple of days to be able to walk again and more days for her to be playful like before but everything's fine now thank u very much for showing concern it meant a lot to me !! oh and her name is diana xD i made this account quickly while panicking and didn't hav time to think of a name so i just put her name lol <3 <3 <3

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am also so sorry to hear you and your cats distress. She is moving a little bit and eating a little bit, these are tiny improvements. As has been mentioned and I'm sure you will, keep trying to get her to eat more. I did want to comment also that sometimes people will view a new post and not feel confident about responding to the problem, plus I think there is a time zone difference for some of the members. In any case you have been trying your darndest to do your best to help your cat and she is aware of this, please know that.
Thank you for your concern <3 I see i hope i didn't sound rude when i was complaining about that i was just in need of some advice xD

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Not rude at all - you were and are a concerned cat parent :sunshine:and this is fantastic news to hear she's better!! :clap2:

EmmiTemmi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear your mom had to go to the hospital! Hope she's doing better now. Also glad to hear your kitten is doing better! That must be such a relief for you.

Once your schedule clears up a bit, I would still suggest taking her in to the vet for a check-up, just to try and figure out why she was so sickly for that length of time. What you described isn't normal kitten behavior, and it would be good to confirm she's fully recovered and decide what measures you can take to prevent it from happening again.

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear your mom had to go to the hospital! Hope she's doing better now. Also glad to hear your kitten is doing better! That must be such a relief for you.

Once your schedule clears up a bit, I would still suggest taking her in to the vet for a check-up, just to try and figure out why she was so sickly for that length of time. What you described isn't normal kitten behavior, and it would be good to confirm she's fully recovered and decide what measures you can take to prevent it from happening again.
Okay will do ! thank you so much ^^ and yes she's good now hehe