What’s wrong with my baby girl

Kerly003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat got this randomly I was hosting my baby shower and after the night was over I noticed she had two small holes on her belly I looked online and it told me to add peroxide and that’s what I did she would lick it so I would put her in a diaper until I was able to get her a cone for her head sometime passed and she I noticed it came back I once again healed it and left it alone I had my baby I was in the hospital for a week or so and I came back and my baby girl looked like this does anyone know what this could be I have two cats they are both indoors only my girl cat has this I don’t know what to do I want to take her to the vet but money is super tight right now i wouldn’t be able to get her checked out possible until two weeks from now I live in Ga is anyone knows a place I can take her too that she can get seen and taken care of and pay later or in parts please let me know also I’ll take any cat advice as well please I want my baby girl to be okay any advice will help !

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and I am sorry you had to join TCS for this issue with your cat. There are too many things that might have gone on - and, it seems like they could have happened without you knowing enough details to figure it out. I can only tell you to take your cat to the vet. Ask family members or close friends for a 'loan'. I don't think you can wait two weeks.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kerly003 Kerly003 and welcome to the forum !

Could you narrow down your location in GA, perhaps with the nearest large center?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kerly003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in Gwinnett county , norcross to be more specific

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK Hold tight.

'Will do some looking and asking.

One thing, though. No more peroxide.....it burns tissue and slows healing, besides hurting.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 - do you think your "tea" advice could be a 'stop gap'.....and could you?

Kerly003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK Hold tight.

'Will do some looking and asking.

One thing, though. No more peroxide.....it burns tissue and slows healing, besides hurting.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 - do you think your "tea" advice could be a 'stop gap'.....and could you?
Okay thank you so much !!

Sarah M

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay thank you so much !!
Hello, so sorry that your cat is going through this. It must not be easy for you.

Is it her belly?

Yes, peroxide is not good to use on wounds as it can make things worse.

She definitely needs to see the vet, but it may be due to stress. Cats can get really stressed and start to lick aggressively, which can cause loss of fur and skin damage.

I don't want to recommend any treatment, because I'm not a vet, but if you really can't take her as soon as possible to a vet, then you can try to use fucidic acid anti-bacterial cream. I think the brand name is fucidin. It's safe for cats and I have used it many times on my cats and it has been prescribed by the vet as well.

But she absolutely needs a cone. If you can't get one, I can understand that you just had a baby and its tough. You can modify a baby onesie, cut out a hole for her tail and make sure she can poop and pee with the baby onesie on. It will function like a cat recovery t-shirt. Make sure it fits snuggly, though, as she may be able to remove it.

These are just interim measures. She definitely needs to go to the vet. Also, just in case if it's bacterial or fungal, is there a way you can isolate her for a few day? To prevent the spread to your other cat? Just a thought.

If its stress, maybe cause of the new baby (but tou mentioned it was happening before you had the baby, so did something else change in your home?), try to give her lots of attention and love. I know it must be hard, as a new mother, but try to enlist the help of your partner or family members, if you can.

Again, what I have suggested above are just based on my experience with my cats. I'm not a vet, and your cat definitely needs to be seen by one. I hope it all works out. Do keep us updated.

Kerly003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your advice! I got my babies at a shelter and they were always with me if I went out they came with me etc the day of the shower was the first time I was gone for a long period of time maybe that caused stress. I will definitely keep everyone updated!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor baby! I’m so sorry you’re going through this. She needs to see a vet ASAP. I suggest pet insurance or opening up a care credit card. That’s what my boyfriend and I did when our baby Rue had an MRI & spinal tap. It paid for it completely and gave us 6 months before we had to make any payments towards it. Best of luck :goodluck::hearthrob:

Kerly003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poor baby! I’m so sorry you’re going through this. She needs to see a vet ASAP. I suggest pet insurance or opening up a care credit card. That’s what my boyfriend and I did when our baby Rue had an MRI & spinal tap. It paid for it completely and gave us 6 months before we had to make any payments towards it. Best of luck :goodluck::hearthrob:
What credit card did you apply for ?

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. While you are waiting to get in with the vet. I would not put anything on it and don’t clean it. No diapers or anything covering it.
Is she indoor only?
Cats heal fairly well on their own without intervention, but this is bad. So she does need a vet. Just don’t do anything with the wound. If you use clay cat litter, I would switch to paper litter for now. You don’t want the litter getting stuck on the wound.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kerly003 Kerly003 ! Back again.

I see you've had some help/ideas since posting.

One idea that I myself had, was for you to go to the shelter where you got her.....and see if they could help OR send you to their Vet OR know of another way to get some Vet care quickly. Shelter folks are the best for help!

My 'friend in the South' suggested contacting "Furkids", who were very kind and caring with her. I have sent them an email and I'll post back what I hear. Meantime, this is them: furkids and their contact page.

Sorry for the wait. Keep us posted!

Kerly003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much to each and everyone of you who took the time to research and respond with such helpful tips and advice I truly appreciate it to much ! A little update I was finally able to get my baby to the vet ! They don’t know what May have caused that to happen but she got blood work done and they opened her up and flushed her her blood work came back fine and she’s now at home recovering now we just wait and see how she’s healing but as long as she heals well she will be back to normal soon once again thank you so much for all your help !! 💜