What's Wrong With Kiki's Foot

Mia.k

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The two middle toes on her hind feet don't separate when she stretches or moves around. She keeps licking it and the area between the toes as if something is stuck in there. She doesn't trust me enough and her pad is all raw. What to do.

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you can manage it, a trip to the vet wouldn't be amiss. IF there is something stuck in there, it could form an abscess, and would need to be drained. It does look as if there might be some sort of infection or fungus going on there. It would take a vet to properly diagnose and treat. Keep us posted on this, please!

Welcome to TCS. I'm sorry it took an illness or injury to bring you here, but we're glad that you found us. When you have a moment, click this link New Cats on the Block and introduce us to yourself and your cat. Pictures are SO welcome.

Snowhite525

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is also a condition called eosinophilic granuloma complex which can potentially cause symptoms like this. My own kitty has it and his paws flair up just like that. It is definitely advised that you take your kitty in and have it looked at by a vet. They should be able to diagnose and treat it. Do keep us updated. I would love to know what they have to say and how it all turns out. :)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Has she been declawed? I've heard of this kind of thing happening before on declawed cats.

Snowhite525

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If a kitty has had a botched declaw and shards of bone are left behind then yes later down the line they can have discomfort causing them to walk unnaturally or act in pain. But this just doesn't strike me as that...I posted a picture of my kitty's paw for comparison. He's currently having a flare up of ecg - although now it is beginning to heal and isn't as raw as the kitties in the picture. His is in the crusty healing phase. But like I said best bet is get it looked at by your vet :)

Attachments

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is also a condition called eosinophilic granuloma complex which can potentially cause symptoms like this. My own kitty has it and his paws flair up just like that. It is definitely advised that you take your kitty in and have it looked at by a vet. They should be able to diagnose and treat it. Do keep us updated. I would love to know what they have to say and how it all turns out. :)
Wow, you're probably right! You taught me something too. I thought eosinophilic granuloma was limited to the lips and mouth. Poor cats.

summermh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know this is an old thread, but my vet (with consult by feline dermatologist) believes my cat's paw pad issue is being caused by eosinophilic granuloma complex. What protocol have you used during these flare ups? We're having a tough time getting control of it. Thank you!