Whats to eat?

unicorn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

So did you end up making BBQ beef ribs last night? How did they turn out?

I'm having stir-fried chicken with peapod (snow peas) and galangal root. -with rice of course.
The ribs weren't bad...a bit fatty, but nice flavor.
What in the world is galangal root? I've never heard of that critter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by unicorn

The ribs weren't bad...a bit fatty, but nice flavor.
What in the world is galangal root? I've never heard of that critter
It looks a bit like ginger root except it is slightly tougher and white instead of yellow. It has a zing to it like horse raddish, yet it's different than that. It has sort of a pungent fragrence and gives a unique flavor to cooking.

unicorn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

It looks a bit like ginger root except it is slightly tougher and white instead of yellow. It has a zing to it like horse raddish, yet it's different than that. It has sort of a pungent fragrence and gives a unique flavor to cooking.
hmmm...that sounds extremely tasty. I'll have to keep my eyes open for some of that...fat chance where I live, though. Being a small town, the variety you find in the stores is not always what you'd like it to be.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by unicorn

hmmm...that sounds extremely tasty. I'll have to keep my eyes open for some of that...fat chance where I live, though. Being a small town, the variety you find in the stores is not always what you'd like it to be.
Yep it is. I had to get it in a Chinese supermarket. Then I freeze it. The local supermarkets don't have stuff like galangal where I live either, so you might not even find it at a regualr supermarket in a city either. I only know one dish with it though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and my bf thought i was a freak for buying odd vegetables

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other night I made bean enchiladas for the first time - suprisingly easy, too. The only thing - I bought HOT enchilada sauce by mistake!

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So what's everybody eating today? Today is my school night so I have to eat on the run. But probably making a nice quick sandwiche.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i made vegetable stirfry

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

The other night I made bean enchiladas for the first time - suprisingly easy, too. The only thing - I bought HOT enchilada sauce by mistake!
Oh man
, send that over here why don't ya?! I can't get enough hot stuff!!!!!!

I'm at my parents for a few days in Ormond Beach while I'm at Spring Break so I have no idea what we'll be eating! I'm just excited that I don't have to be the one to worry about it for a bit!!!