What's this called in cat nipples

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well my cat(7 y/o) pregnant 2 months ago, but at first week i give her 1st vaccine because i don't know she's already pregnant, the vet said it's pretty weird when she's not miscarriage after 1st vaccine when i tell him i saw pink nipples, but after 1 months i think she show sign of miscarriage, brown, dark fluids came out from her vaginal, it's like wax when it dried up, i dont smell anything from it. I chat with vet and he said look like she's miscarriage and embryo will re-absorbed into her body.

Today i noticed she's look like pregnant once again, the milk or something build-up around her nipples :
but i dont know what it called because it's there long before (from last time she's giving birth about 3-4 years ago). I just trying to pulling there out, it's pretty smooth pull, her nipples under that is pink and perfect normal.

The reason why i let it there so long because i think it's her nipples.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that what you are picking off her nipples?
I guess it's safe to assume she lives outside or goes in & out at will since she keeps getting pregnant?
Her mammary glands are likely inflamed ,possibly due to bacteria from unsanitary conditions and probably " mastitis".....it's not a good feeling for her and I'm sure she's feeling discomfort.

Does she live with you-may I ask if you are planning to spay her,that would be a really good thing for her so shed be un-able to get pregnant in the future and go through these types of things

If this is a mild case of mastitis then with proper treatment she can recover without complications in 3-4 weeks,if the infection moves into her bloodstream the prognosis is not good

Of course in order to be properly diagnosed she should be examined by your Veterinarian- I'm merely suggesting what it "can be: even -non septic mastitis should be treated by a Vet ,manual draining of her mammary glands & warm compresses

I encourage you to make an appt to see the Veterinarian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i think it's false alarm :D
the little one 1.5 yo seems have infertility problem, multiple times mating but 4 female cats none of them success, i think the old have once but miscarriage by 4in1 vaccine

1701789422858.png