What's the Weather and Temperature like where you live ? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a man and two young children picking mushrooms as I was driving home yesterday. Having I.D. the mushrooms in a prior year I stopped, rolled down the window and said, "Those are death cap mushrooms!" His reply, "They are Amanita muscari. We're not going to eat them." Well and good. Then why are you picking them? Amanita are poisonous. However A. muscaria are the fairy tale, red cap white spotted mushrooms. And these are A. phalloides. Oh well. Rolled up my car's window and drove on.

This morning's heavy fog is beginning to lift. Glad I cut the rest of the grass yesterday.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a man and two young children picking mushrooms as I was driving home yesterday. Having I.D. the mushrooms in a prior year I stopped, rolled down the window and said, "Those are death cap mushrooms!" His reply, "They are Amanita muscari. We're not going to eat them." Well and good. Then why are you picking them? Amanita are poisonous. However A. muscaria are the fairy tale, red cap white spotted mushrooms. And these are A. phalloides. Oh well. Rolled up my car's window and drove on.

This morning's heavy fog is beginning to lift. Glad I cut the rest of the grass yesterday.
My yard is just full of big white mushrooms right now. Between all the rain of last week and this week’s heat, they are popping up everywhere.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Hot, hot, hot...for here. 🥵 Just heard the weather guy on the news say our temps are 10-20º higher in our county right now than is usual for this time of year.

IMG_2070.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was 44F when I woke up and supposed to get into the high 50's later today. I don't mind the cooler temps especially since it's sunny.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just 48F now, I believe that the high is too be 53F. At least it's Sunny. I would have preferred the 80 degree temperatures from last week continue.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
51F now and raining ☔ it poured overnight but supposed to lighten up this afternoon

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hardly any rain overnight but this has the feel of being a cool, damp day. 48 degrees F and drizzling, .09 inches in weather station gauge.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It says 55F but feels colder to me,. :cold: It's not the cold that bothers me but I don't like the damp, raw feeling.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We’ve had a couple of weeks where it’s reverted to almost winter weather, even with decent rainfall, but now it’s back to the mid twenties, which is what we’d expect for late spring.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Currently 54F, weird day, i.e. first it rained lightly, then the sun came out and then it was cloudy.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's snowing.....:bawling:

Not the kind that will stick around, it's more like "flurries", but it still makes me sad/mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.