What's the Weather and Temperature like where you live ? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently 80° (but it's still early) dew point 55, humidity 50%. The UV isn't bad though, only 9 today.
We do have a big 3 day storm coming though.

Right now it's 91F, Dew Point 79, Heat Index of 108F. Most schools are dismissing early. Some closed till Friday.
To us, that's almost comfortable. BUT, I know you are not used to it and that makes a huge difference. Stay indoors if possible and try to keep cool.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's currently 99F with heat index of 110 -115F. :eek2: I went out to water the plants and went right back inside. Maybe I'll try at dusk instead.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
It's currently 99F with heat index of 110 -115F. :eek2: I went out to water the plants and went right back inside. Maybe I'll try at dusk instead.
I did the same, out early this morning. Not quite that hot here then but just so humid you didn’t want to be out more than a few minutes.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Right now it's 91F, Dew Point 79, Heat Index of 108F. Most schools are dismissing early. Some closed till Friday.
Students went back to school here but no early dismissals. When I first started teaching some of the schools here did not have air conditioning. I couldn't even imagine what it would be like today if we had the same weather forecast. Fortunately all the schools in the district have a/c now so the only school closures are in winter for blizzards or a polar vortex.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New record temperature on my deck thermometer it shows 110F or 45C. My DW got off work early at Noon due to the excessive heat. Tonight the low is to be 79F.
It's only 78°F here.. it actually cooled off temp wise all of a sudden we went from upper 90s with real feel around 110 to being in the 70s and 80s all of a sudden. Friday is our last "hot"
Currently 72F and Cloudy, though a Heat advisory is expected later today.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nearly everyone here in so cal; has brown lawns :lol:
Most everyone on my street has a Brown Lawn. I might be the exception . As I try watering a portion of my grass while doing my daily watering of plants on my deck and those plants in my front yard.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first started teaching some of the schools here did not have air conditioning. I couldn't even imagine what it would be like today if we had the same weather forecast.
No air in Arizona is a death sentence. Can't even conceive of a home or business with no air. (although we didn't have air on Grandma's ranch in Oklahoma)
Try using a fine mist of water in a spray bottle while sitting in front of a fan. It will keep your core cool. Hang in there, I do feel your pain.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Currently 74F but 80% humidity makes it feel warmer. However, much better than the last two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.