Whats the meaning of this sound?

parranoidmoose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My guess she is crying, but I don’t really know what a cat’s crying is like. Is there a definite meaning to this kind of meow?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she pretty new? It kind of sounds like she misses her mom/littermates and is a little bit sad. But the squeaky kind of meows when the person reaches for her means she wants to be friends. Just normal kitty "talking", I think.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
As Willowy said, it does just sound like a little kitten wanting attention.
My cats are now looking for her everywhere. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parranoidmoose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She looks like quite a young kitten, probably not much more than 8 weeks or so and probably feeling and sounding lost and a little lonely. I would scoop her up and give her some warmth and attention.
thank you, I definitely will! she loves belly rubs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parranoidmoose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is she pretty new? It kind of sounds like she misses her mom/littermates and is a little bit sad. But the squeaky kind of meows when the person reaches for her means she wants to be friends. Just normal kitty "talking", I think.
yes, I brought her home on Saturday, everyday there is a decent amount of progress but my biggest worry was she was crying. thankful that its her just wanting attention and nothing worse. thank you

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems she's trying out meow-talk on you. Cats often develop their own vocabularies, unique to each cat, for dealing with their humans. My cats all have some of their own meows that have an unique meaning.

It does sound like your kitty wants some interaction with you, and the little squeakers are, as stated above, friendly ones.