What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Corn on the cob beautifully boiled but not by me and floating in s veritable sea of butter and salt.
Yum

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you use a ricer to mash potatoes? Is it worth the effort? You can't get a saucepan full of boiled potatoes in it in one go can you?
No, I don't make potatoes hardly ever.  The way I rice the cauliflower is thanks to an ingenious video I saw (by the blog big red kitchen) - you cut you your cauliflower into pieces, put it in a blender, add water 3/4 of the height of the cauliflower (not quite to the top of the blender) and chop away.  Then drain well and it's awesome.  Easey peasey.

The ricer I have for when I did rice potatoes took one heck of a lot of arm and hand strength lol and could only do 1 good sized or 2 small potatoes at a time.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's an Arby? Us foreigners don't know 3/4 of what you all talk about. I was going to say it's like a different world but it is sort of and sometimes the language isn't the same

Tell me what you eat in the Chinese buffet.
Arby's is a fast food restaurant. Mostly roast beef sandwiches and curly fries. 

I ate too much at the Chinese buffet. Noodles, shrimp, pork in some kind of sauce, lemon chicken, chow mein....I sampled a bit of everything. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I ate too much at the Chinese buffet. Noodles, shrimp, pork in some kind of sauce, lemon chicken, chow mein....I sampled a bit of everything. 
Mmmm, I like the sound of roast beef sarnies and curly fries.

I had a little bowl of vegetarian haggis and mashed potatoes.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't make potatoes hardly ever.  The way I rice the cauliflower is thanks to an ingenious video I saw (by the blog big red kitchen) - you cut you your cauliflower into pieces, put it in a blender, add water 3/4 of the height of the cauliflower (not quite to the top of the blender) and chop away.  Then drain well and it's awesome.  Easey peasey.

The ricer I have for when I did rice potatoes took one heck of a lot of arm and hand strength lol and could only do 1 good sized or 2 small potatoes at a time.
That's what I thought. So it's potato masher all the way.
Do you cook your cauliflower?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Prawns yum. I'm weird. I'll eat prawns etc. Not kosher. I'll eat bacon yum and ham. Not kosher but I can't bear the thought of pork. You should know in England I only are kosher

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Watch lazy 101 - here I go - too lazy to google: What is haggis? It sounds like a gutted lamb stuffed with strange objects. 

Well it would be if it wasn't the vegetarian option.  That's a plastic food wrap stuffed full of finely chopped vegetables like carrots, oatmeal and other grains, spices and what ever else makes it yummy. You can boil it in the bag or take it out and cook it in a microwave which is how I do it.  

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I thought. So it's potato masher all the way.
Do you cook your cauliflower?
Yes - if I've riced it, I use it for stir-fry"rice", or if I get it really fine, use it for a mock pizza crust and more. I also make a wonderful roasted cauliflower and leek soup (great recipe I found).  The only time I don't cook it a least a little (I leave it firm for when I make my mock potato salad using cauliflower), is when I add raw cauliflower florets, cut up, in a tossed green salad :)  I find it a wonderful versatile vegetable!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish you lived next door.
Roasted cauliflower and leek soup. I've never had anything to do with leeks.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade lemon meringue pie. After baking, we let it sit out for about 15 minutes or so before putting it in the fridge lightly covered with the plastic pie crust lid. I guess we should have just left it on the counter until after dinner, then chilled it because while it tasted pretty good, when we pulled it out of the fridge there was a pool of meringue-flavored liquid in the bottom.  Meh.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
2 bucket size mugs of tea and a plate full of toast with butter and my mum's home made lemon curd.  Bliss. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I forgot about this thread!! How could I! It's one of my favourites.
I had two fried eggs and tomatoes for breakfast. That's new for me.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have decided to have dessert on Monday nights so the last thing I ate was chocolate self saucing pudding with cream and a scoop of vanilla icecream. YUM!!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made those Lemon Sponge Cake Cookies, but I used orange extract for both the cookies and for the frosting....I was out of lemon extract. And a bit of yellow and red food coloring for a pale orange frosting. Had two cookies last night before bed. They are addictive. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Dinner last night - salad and a slice of pizza. Coffee right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.