What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two Oreo lemon cookies and one Oreo vanilla birthday cake cookie. Rick is an Oreo junkie and they were on sale at the store this week. I like the lemon, but the birthday cake cookies tasted rather artificial-ly....is that a word? I don't know, they had a weird taste, which is good because now I won't want them anything. The lemon ones though? Tasty!
[/quote

Artificial or with an after taste.

Why are oreos so popular in America? I can get them here but never have.
Is it with my while? We only have the choccy ones.
:wavey:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would suggest very light on the garlic. I only put a little bit and they are very garlicky. My daughter doesn't seem to mind, she's been pigging out on them. 

The chick peas are the last thing I ate again.
Winchester Winchester
I would love the recipe please.
It's weird when tiny ones have garlic smelling breath.
How many people could enjoy snacking on one tin.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A sort of casserole with chicken pieces, aubergine, onions, and other veggies called nsn Afghani dish. I had it with a salad of chopped tomato cucumber and a little onion. Quite tasty

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@mamabirdy that sounds delicious. Oh wish we had places like that. Yummy yum yum.

Just had 2 rolls with: mayonnais, mustard, avocado, slices of meat and lettuce.

miki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Two Oreo lemon cookies and one Oreo vanilla birthday cake cookie. Rick is an Oreo junkie and they were on sale at the store this week. I like the lemon, but the birthday cake cookies tasted rather artificial-ly....is that a word? I don't know, they had a weird taste, which is good because now I won't want them anything. The lemon ones though? Tasty!
[/quote

Artificial or with an after taste.

Why are oreos so popular in America? I can get them here but never have.
Is it with my while? We only have the choccy ones.
They are known as "America's Cookie", anyways! I prefer the original chocolate ones- the birthday cake cookies do taste a little strange to me- they also look a little artificial because of the colorful streaks on the creme. I do love lemon Oreos. 

H

You deserve it Miki after going voluntarily to the orthodontist. I'm sad to say I'm so scared I only go when I know something is wrong.
Enjoy your Belgian choccies.
Thanks Stewball! They were delicious. 

Just had some chicken noodle soup. Caught the flu earlier this week- the fever is better, but I feel really congested. The soup helped, though.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made one of my unconventional breakfasts..lol.  Stir-fried 1 cup riced cauliflower with 1 white mushroom, 1 scallion, 1/2 yellow sweet mini-bell pepper. 1 turkey sausage diced in. 1 oz. half and half with my decaf.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chinese food. :yummy:  My mom kept talking about Chinese food today so we went to the buffet tonight.
OMG. We went to the buffet.
Why haven't I got eateries like that. Hummus. Falafel which I don't eat. Salads. Dinner kabab. That's the usual fare here. I have a restaurant near but I could quote the menu in my sleep. It changed hands a couple of years ago and they kept the same boring menu. Have sushi but it's expensive. Anywhere else is a drive. :sigh:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roast chicken, Brussels spouts, artichokes and jacket potatoes followed by rum ba-ba
Wonderful.
The only thing I didn't make was the rum ba-ba.

miki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Made one of my unconventional breakfasts..lol.  Stir-fried 1 cup riced cauliflower with 1 white mushroom, 1 scallion, 1/2 yellow sweet mini-bell pepper. 1 turkey sausage diced in. 1 oz. half and half with my decaf.
Wow. That is a very fancy and delicious-sounding breakfast 

I just had an orange picked from the citrus tree in my backyard. It was a tad sour but otherwise very juicy.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner last night.  We went out to celebrate it's being 2 years and 2 days since I was unexpectedly hospitalized with Atrial Flutter.

I had a small plate - aka appetizer - fried calamari with a teense of coleslaw, and a small Caesar salad with blackened salmon. 1 warm chocolate chip cookie :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Sandwich made with my mum's home made lemon curd, a glass of strawberry milk, and a handfull of chocolate Minstrels.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG. We went to the buffet.
Why haven't I got eateries like that. Hummus. Falafel which I don't eat. Salads. Dinner kabab. That's the usual fare here. I have a restaurant near but I could quote the menu in my sleep. It changed hands a couple of years ago and they kept the same boring menu. Have sushi but it's expensive. Anywhere else is a drive.
Chinese buffets are everywhere here. Most of them are nothing special. 

I had Arby's for lunch. A roast beef sandwich with Arby's sauce and curly fries dipped in Arby's sauce. We went into the city and I haven't had Arby's in a long time so we went through the drive through on the way home.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you use a ricer to mash potatoes? Is it worth the effort? You can't get a saucepan full of boiled potatoes in it in one go can you?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chinese buffets are everywhere here. Most of them are nothing special. 

I had Arby's for lunch. A roast beef sandwich with Arby's sauce and curly fries dipped in Arby's sauce. We went into the city and I haven't had Arby's in a long time so we went through the drive through on the way home.
What's an Arby? Us foreigners don't know 3/4 of what you all talk about. I was going to say it's like a different world but it is sort of and sometimes the language isn't the same
:lol3:
Tell me what you eat in the Chinese buffet.
:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.