What's the last thing you ate - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Almost the same here except for almond milk and raisins. (Love my oatmeal especially on a cold winter morning.)
I love oatmeal, but only have it with cinnamon. Quaker has an instant oatmeal with more protein and I'm tempted to try it. I'm not fond of instant oatmeal and everybody says the rolled oats are better for you (I should get some steel-cut oats and use them; there is a recipe to make the steel cut oats on a Sunday night in the oven, then you cut them into squares and have a square throughout the week with milk. Steel cut oats take a long time to prepare), but the extra protein has me interested.

Not particularly fond of milk at all, to be honest. Nor was my mother; she used to have her cereal with water, even her oatmeal. 
 I'm not sure I could do that.

I just tried eating Greek strawberry yogurt. 
 Now I've never eaten wallpaper paste, but I really think that the texture of the two is a lot alike. 
 My doctor suggested I switch to Greek because of the added protein. But oy....it's going to take some time for me to get used to it.

Anyway, I just finished my oatmeal and milk. And I had a mug of hot chocolate, too, in addition to my coffee, because I'm freezing to death this morning.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
An english muffin. I should dig out the oatmeal. :nod:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I love oatmeal, but only have it with cinnamon. Quaker has an instant oatmeal with more protein and I'm tempted to try it. I'm not fond of instant oatmeal and everybody says the rolled oats are better for you (I should get some steel-cut oats and use them; there is a recipe to make the steel cut oats on a Sunday night in the oven, then you cut them into squares and have a square throughout the week with milk. Steel cut oats take a long time to prepare), but the extra protein has me interested.

Not particularly fond of milk at all, to be honest. Nor was my mother; she used to have her cereal with water, even her oatmeal. 
 I'm not sure I could do that.

I just tried eating Greek strawberry yogurt. 
 Now I've never eaten wallpaper paste, but I really think that the texture of the two is a lot alike. 
 My doctor suggested I switch to Greek because of the added protein. But oy....it's going to take some time for me to get used to it.

Anyway, I just finished my oatmeal and milk. And I had a mug of hot chocolate, too, in addition to my coffee, because I'm freezing to death this morning.
Some Greek yogurts are AMAZING. I'm not a big yogurt fan but the Greek Gods make some really, really good yogurts. They make a honey salted caramel that is AMAZING. Seriously. They also have a chocolate mocha one that is good too.

Dannon Greek yogurts are good too. Just not AS good as the above mentioned. Wal Mart sells the Greek Gods yogurts as does Target.

http://www.greekgodsyogurt.com/24oz-products/honey-salted-caramel/

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'd have to go with the nonfat stuff because of the calories and fat content. I've never tried plain yogurt.You know, I'm not a real big yogurt fan to start with and am only eating the stuff because of the calcium....not because I like it. Which is sad in itself. I'll see if our Giant carries Greek Gods. I can check Target next time I'm there, too. The Dannon Oikos strawberry is what I tried. Rick really likes it; he likes yogurt as it is.

The last thing I ate was a bowl of Sugar Frosted Flakes last night. Rick got them when we went for groceries last Monday and I swear that box has been calling to me since we brought it into the house. I broke down last night; it's been decades since I had a bowl.

Drinking my morning coffee now.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'd have to go with the nonfat stuff because of the calories and fat content. I've never tried plain yogurt.You know, I'm not a real big yogurt fan to start with and am only eating the stuff because of the calcium....not because I like it. Which is sad in itself. I'll see if our Giant carries Greek Gods. I can check Target next time I'm there, too. The Dannon Oikos strawberry is what I tried. Rick really likes it; he likes yogurt as it is.

The last thing I ate was a bowl of Sugar Frosted Flakes last night. Rick got them when we went for groceries last Monday and I swear that box has been calling to me since we brought it into the house. I broke down last night; it's been decades since I had a bowl.

Drinking my morning coffee now.
I would check the ingredients in the Dannon strawberry yogurt. I don't know if they still do it but Dannon and other yogurt companies would use carmine red dye in their yogurt which is made from crushed cactus beetles. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

I would check the ingredients in the Dannon strawberry yogurt. I don't know if they still do it but Dannon and other yogurt companies would use carmine red dye in their yogurt which is made from crushed cactus beetles. 
Ok, that's officially disgusting! 
 I'll check it out.

ETA: Muffy, I just checked the Oikos and that dye is not in the strawberry, nor is it in the cherry (that's what Rick is eating right now). Thanks for the heads-up.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
@Winchester   I really like Chobani Greek yogurt, Fage greek yogurt.. StonyField is another good one, but I have a hard time finding it in non-fat. I get the low or non fat versions..

I know Trader Joes is not near you, but if you happen to get to one, you have to try their Greek yogurt.. non-fat..

They are delicious. The ones I eat are the vanilla and the coconut. They are made by StonyField Yogurt... 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i heated up a couple of the turkey enchiladas i baked yesterday, and finished the last of a gallon of milk (with strawberry nesquik added to it) to go with it -- my lunch.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hey, Karen, did you ever buy those Wolferman's English Muffins? We weren't all that impressed and I don't think we'll be buying them again. They are very dense and I'm not fond of the texture....that could just be me, though. Rick didn't care for them that much either. I asked my sister and she said she wasn't overly impressed.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hey, Karen, did you ever buy those Wolferman's English Muffins? We weren't all that impressed and I don't think we'll be buying them again. They are very dense and I'm not fond of the texture....that could just be me, though. Rick didn't care for them that much either. I asked my sister and she said she wasn't overly impressed.
That may be because they have become spoiled with your homemade ones. I almost ordered some from Wolferman's. Now I'm glad I didn't. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had had them before, so I knew what they were like. They are OK, but very dense as you mentioned. I should ask my mother what she thought of them.

These are the best English muffins I've had -

http://www.themodelbakery.com/index.php

http://www.themodelbakery.com/best_thing_i_ever_ate.html

http://www.themodelbakery.com/store/

They are expensive, but I bought half a dozen and stuffed them in my suitcase. If I go back again and I will be stuffing even more in my suitcase. :lol3:

Status
Not open for further replies.