What's The Best Grain-free Food For Kittens?

Crazycatlady1129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have three kittens, and I'm trying to switch them from what they are currently on (Friskies and Purina kitten chow) to a grain-free food specifically for kittens. I'm on a limited income, so I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars a month. I'd prefer to keep them on a canned and dry diet, as the youngest kitten doesn't drink much water. Any suggestions?

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Might try out whole earth farms. They have a decently priced line of canned and dry specifically for kittens and all life stages as well. It’s sold at Petco or chewy.com. You’ll likely spend more as they’re kittens but just get pasted a year and they should slow down and you can start only leaving out the recommended amount for each adult cat.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best specifically for kitten grain free wet foods I’ve seen are Wellness core and nutro brands. But to be honest neither are that great. I wouldn’t limit myself to purely kitten labelled foods if I were you. You can also feed foods labelled as “all life stages”. Kittens don’t need any special kind of food, they just need extra protein. All life stages foods are formulated with enough protein for both kittens and adult cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Crazycatlady1129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the suggestions. ^_^ I'll look into food for all life stages, and also check out the brand's you guys mentioned. I want my kitties to have the best that I can afford. <3

jsmith125

Lucifer is my fur baby <3
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm budgeting on feeding a 3 month old kitten myself; had a couple people on here tell me to try Fancy Feast Classic after I noticed he would get bloated from Friskies paté; friskies contained rice in their pate while Fancy Feasts classic paté line is completely grain free. So far he loves it, and it's not loaded with carbs either. Hopefully one day I can get him higher quality food, but for now that is what he is on and I am comfortable feeding it to him in his growing stages. He eats about 3 cans a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Crazycatlady1129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't know fancy feast had grain free options! That's good to know. My three are notoriously picky. Lol I'll try that out if they don't like the food I ordered from Chewy.
I opted for Earthborn Holistics. They are known for high quality, have had very few recalls (unlike some other high quality brands such as Merrick), and are reasonably priced. Only around $30 for a 14 pound bag of dry and $40 for a case of canned. A little more than I was hoping to spend, but they are all-stages, so I won't have to worry about switching them out later. Fingers crossed they eat it!

fiorya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also feed my kitten wet food that's designed for all life stages. She hasn't liked any of the kitten foods I've given her.