What’s The Best Cat Litter?

CommonCatOwner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The litter I really like is Vetbasis. It is made from corn cobs and only has the slightest scent of lavender when first put into a litter box. After that the litter itself has no odor whatsoever. It does a great job containing the smell of cat waste and clumps wonderfully. Additionally the litter is very light. Every litter I have ever tried either has its own inherent smell or develops one in a short amount of time. Vetbasis has never had that "clean but still smells" litter odor that others do. I live in an open apartment, with no extra room to hide a cat box away in, so this is a great feature. The only issue with this litter is that it has a tendency to track due to the fact it is so light. However this can be controlled by using litter mats and through litter box placement. The overall benefits of this litter greatly outweigh the minor tracking issue. I am looking into writing a more formal review of it for this site because not many people are aware of it and after trying so many different cat litters and coming across this one I think it would be helpful to introduce this litter.

Attachments

MargoLane

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a big fan of Smart Cat grass litter! I really don't like anything scented, and I especially don't like the clay smell of litter. It just reminds me too much of houses I've been in where they don't clean the litter box and all you can smell is cat pee. The Smart Cat clumps really well, so you can use the litter for a long time. No little bits of pee left behind to stink up the box.

Juliesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she got one piece before I got it up. I won’t let her have more. The more litter I pour the more cat food I get

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
she got one piece before I got it up. I won’t let her have more. The more litter I pour the more cat food I get
Is there a reason why you don't just return it to the store or contact the manufacturer?