What's something you always have in your car?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Masks, wipes, lens cleaners, phone chargers, jumper cables, road maps, pens, sunglasses, ice scraper in the winter, ratchet straps to secure things that won't fit inside, and a breaker bar, extension, and socket to fit the lug nuts- I don't trust the cheap factory lug wrench.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emergency kit: Flares, two blankets, fire extinguisher, tools, jumper cables.
Multiple sunglasses and masks
Hand sanitizer
Baby toys, wipes, change of outfit, and a couple of diapers
Phone charger
Wiper fluid
Cat litter

I recently added a full-size spare because my daughter borrowed my car, blew a tire while she was well over 50 miles from home, and then shredded the donut, causing her to be stuck with Hobbit Baby on the highway until we could get to her a couple of hours later with a new rim and tire.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything! Lol. I have a basic car emergency pack, a first-aid kit, a battery jumper, extra winter gear, a stray cat emergency kit (2 cans of food, bottle of water, disposable dish, all in a gallon ziploc), reusable grocery bags, masks, hand wipes, hand sanitizer, tissue, car cleaning wipes (for windows and leather), SCISSORS (I hate being without scissors, lol), phone power bank, an emergency dog slip lead, and about a zillion fast food napkins. The only thing I can't keep in there is chapstick because it'll melt all over in the summer.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Reusable grocery bags, including the mesh bags for loose fruit. Since last year, of course, masks and hand sanitizer. And since last September when we had to evacuate within an hour because of a wildfire, I’ve stocked the car with things like a spare bag of litter, a cardboard scratcher, cat food, and other emergency supplies such as flashlights, first aid kit, etc., so there are fewer things I have to grab if it happens again.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Garbage? LOL!

But seriously......Facial tissue, small tools, jumper cables, mini first aid kit. And of course now a few extra masks, and since it's winter a snow brush and ice scraper....I usually have more like a car emergency kit and blanket...but I haven't packed/transferred all the items since we bought our new vehicle.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am never without a folding pocket knife, the latest of which I have carried for over 30 years now. With a 2 1/2in clip and a 1 1/2in spey blade, it serves many purposes, from opening letters or packages to cutting a steak when given a dull knife at a restaurant.
I have a small collection of pocket knives and multi tools I have found while detecting and they are quite handy things. A couple are in my emergency kit in the trunk.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I am never without a folding pocket knife, the latest of which I have carried for over 30 years now. With a 2 1/2in clip and a 1 1/2in spey blade, it serves many purposes, from opening letters or packages to cutting a steak when given a dull knife at a restaurant.
I have a small collection of pocket knives and multi tools I have found while detecting and they are quite handy things. A couple are in my emergency kit in the trunk.
Yes, I forgot! I have one of those multi tool things called a Leatherman that I keep in the car. I gave it to my dad back in the ‘70s, and when he died, it became mine. Super handy.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a flashlight, a snow scrapper/brush, swiss army knife, candles, a box of Kleenex, cables, matches and a blanket. Might be missing something or two but that is the general gist of it. Canadian winter life, you can never be too prepared. Masks and hand sanitizer are included nowadays, of course :)

I also have two foldable portable chairs still in the trunk! They are pretty convenient when you need to pop them out at the beach or at a live performance somewhere, like a Shakespeare Festival. Have a bag and strap and everything, and very comfy. Granted, have been used less for social occasions of course, but still used them a lot last summer for the local beaches.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I keep a snow/ice scraper in the car all year long. Other items are: kleenex, water bottle, extra pair of running shoes, doggie blanket, sun glasses, rain poncho, pen, paper, map, spare change and car manufacturer manual.