What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I.was so confused! Still am. Sept 1 my email said my shoes have been delivered In a parcel locker,nothing else. No code numbers to punch in to open a door. My apt uses Hub,mail boxes attached to wall. That's how it's usually done.
Still don't have my shoes. So I finally found out the key in my mail box that said return to sender if found was supposed to somehow be used. I had put it in the outbox! Still no shoes. Usps is supposed to give me another key. Hope my shoes are OK being in a box when the weather has been over 100
104 today.still no shoes:(:(:(:(
Delivered Sept 1 !

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles the last time I was admitted to the hospital, they played the lullaby every night 🌙 when it was time for bed. One of the things that brightened an abysmal stay.
Why bother playing a lullaby when they wake you up every 2 hours to take blood or give you meds? Then they say that you need to get some sleep so you can heal.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Why bother playing a lullaby when they wake you up every 2 hours to take blood or give you meds? Then they say that you need to get some sleep so you can heal.
To quote my father (yet again) "HospitaIs are no pIace for sick peopIe! You can't rest!"

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in the hospital once right next to the nurses station. It was NOT a restful place to be, luckily I was out of there in a few days!
My last hospital stay was on a floor set up in a circle with the nurses station in the middle. Darn noisiest place ever, between nurses talking, hearing everyone’s call bell and patient’s walking the halls. But the absolute worst was there was some kind of kitchenette nearby and I woke up in the middle of the night to the nauseating smell of burnt popcorn.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fall is flirting with us, big time. It was long sleeve weather today when a week or so ago the AC was running at top speed and we were still roasting.
Also, a certain someone was apparently born with a silver spoon in her mouth. :lol: Little thief!
1694304282855.png

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Fall is flirting with us, big time. It was long sleeve weather today when a week or so ago the AC was running at top speed and we were still roasting.
Also, a certain someone was apparently born with a silver spoon in her mouth. :lol: Little thief!
View attachment 459115
Cute pup! Same kind of weather change for us. 50’s at night cools things down pretty quick.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We are getting a cooIdown, as weII...in CoastaI North CaroIina terms, that is. Daytime temps in iow 80s-high 70s, night time Iow 70s-high 60s. I stepped outside a minute ago, and my gIasses did not fog up at aII! If this keeps up, I'II drag the storage boxes out from under the bed and switch over to my winter wardrobe in a coupIe of weeks!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We are getting a cooIdown, as weII...in CoastaI North CaroIina terms, that is. Daytime temps in iow 80s-high 70s, night time Iow 70s-high 60s. I stepped outside a minute ago, and my gIasses did not fog up at aII! If this keeps up, I'II drag the storage boxes out from under the bed and switch over to my winter wardrobe in a coupIe of weeks!
Midweek, our forecast highs are the mid 60's!!
Time to break out the crock pot and make some soup. I've had a great summer, but I'm looking forward to an even better fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.