What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree to disagree,lol
He was 3 weeks old when his momma was killed, He was my best friend.....but that's okay,were good
I did say it was just a thought. I have no idea why your animals were skittish. I'm sure you and he were the very best of friends. Didn't mean any disrespect to your pup. I was just pointing out that they are in fact the same species and more common than people may think. Especially on farms/ranches.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
What's on my mind is the thought I'm having of choking someone at the call center for Comcast..... I call to report an outage,no internet,no cable for hours on end only for the idiot on the phone to tell me there is an outage, after 20 minutes trying to verify the acct!!!!l

I dunno,is being an imbecile a mandatory requirement to work for Comcast?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My mom had me test an alarm clock for a deaf client once. It had a thing you stuck between your mattresses that vibrated when it was time to get up. I did NOT like it. :lol: But now there might be something to that.:lol:
I have one of those. Do I Iike it? NO! Do I get up when it goes off? YES! So, I guess I Iike it the same way I "Iike" denture adhesive, nasty, but get the job done!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's on my mind is the thought I'm having of choking someone at the call center for Comcast..... I call to report an outage,no internet,no cable for hours on end only for the idiot on the phone to tell me there is an outage, after 20 minutes trying to verify the acct!!!!l

I dunno,is being an imbecile a mandatory requirement to work for Comcast?
Perhaps switching to another internet provider maybe a good solution that is if another is available in your area.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
And yet my son is having to mathematically prove the second law of thermodynamics in his first week of his bachelors.
It's common sense that has vanished. That and common courtesy.
EXACTLY! Because there's no "thought" required and no daily contact and interactions with real human beings- just stare at a device or Google it! Ugggh

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been stuck at home potty training, and I was going to lose it if we watched the Chipmunks Christmas special again, so I had my husband download The Chipmunk Adventure (the 80s movie) for J and we're watching it and I'm all "J, I've been to Antarctica and I want you to know that penguins don't live in igloos and have cribs and...you know, chipmunks don't sing in real life either so this probably shouldn't be my hill to die on." :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I LOVE that movie!! I found it on DVD several years ago for my kids (and me) to watch. :lol: I still can’t watch the part where the Chippettees singto the baby penguin. I still have a very strong memory of watching that the first time in the apartment my mom and I lived in back then and her face when I burst into tears. 😩

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My son being with his dad as his female Nicole.His dad is still supportive of his crossdressing and accepts Nicole as his part time daughter.Plus he knows our son turns 18 in a couple weeks,will get paper work that he will be done paying child support after this.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE that movie!! I found it on DVD several years ago for my kids (and me) to watch. :lol: I still can’t watch the part where the Chippettees singto the baby penguin. I still have a very strong memory of watching that the first time in the apartment my mom and I lived in back then and her face when I burst into tears. 😩
It's just funny how you suspend disbelief for so many things the most random thing makes you go "hey, wait, that's not right!"

I loved it as a kid, too. And the animation is so pretty!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello. It has been a while. Things have been rough emotionally for me.
A very quick rundown of some of the bad:
Still have issues with my daughter. A lot of issues.
Still have physical custody of Hobbit. (Not that he is an issue, obviously. It all ties in with my daughter. He can stay forever.)
My daughter-in-law has been moved up the transplant list and has started dialysis.
Lost three of my neonate rescues. The only ones I have ever lost.
Injured my bad leg and am avoiding the doctors. If I cannot stand without additional pain by tomorrow, I am being made to go by my husband.

A bit of the good:
I had two neonates and one 6-week-old come to me. All three have been adopted. One was adopted by my son because my DIL fell in love with her.
Rescued a 10+ year-old cat whose owners dumped it 6 months ago when they moved. He has multiple non-cancerous tumors on him, but he is doing well. He had flea dermatitis so bad that I thought it was mange to start.
Finally caught the big tom cat named Hrathgar who has been avoiding my TNR cages for almost 9 years. He was a mess! The vets had to sew a few cuts and give him antibiotics. He was the only cat I ever feared during release. 16 lbs of anger!
Hobbit, who is autistic, has been saying a few more words and is interacting more when he plays. Currently, he is pushing his stuffed dragon around the living room while it sits in one of his toy cars.
I was a vendor at a small local fair a couple of weeks ago, selling my pottery. My husband, son, and friend took time out of their day to sit with me the whole time. I sold several pieces and was invited to a much bigger (invite-only) festival by the woman who runs it. My anxiety will not let me do it, but it was nice to be asked.

Hopefully, I will be on more often. I have peeked in from time to time to check on everyone.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does google photos tend to mess around with your pictures? I searched over and over for a photo I know was taken December 2021, and it is NOT there. I have a copy, luckily, but it makes me wonder what else isn't there. :(

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was walking through the hospital and there was a security alert for a missing newborn.

A minute later, they had to come back on and say it was a drill.
Oh my gosh. I'd panic. Or maybe pass out. The mom in me would NOT like that drill. Things hit different after having my own kids. I hope they at least warned the parents on the maternity floor because those hormones and instincts together are no joke.

Now hearing the lullaby played; that gets me too but in a good way. DD never got it unless the played it when she was discharged from the NICU. Getting to hear it for DS still makes me tear up.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I.was so confused! Still am. Sept 1 my email said my shoes have been delivered In a parcel locker,nothing else. No code numbers to punch in to open a door. My apt uses Hub,mail boxes attached to wall. That's how it's usually done.
Still don't have my shoes. So I finally found out the key in my mail box that said return to sender if found was supposed to somehow be used. I had put it in the outbox! Still no shoes. Usps is supposed to give me another key. Hope my shoes are OK being in a box when the weather has been over 100

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good to see you Elphaba09 Elphaba09 ! I am thinking about work tonight already and the mysterious knocks on our door. Probably haven't told you. The first time, DH and I heard a knock at about 2:20 in the morning. No car. We called the police, DH went outside with them and there was no sign of anyone. I was home alone a few nights ago and it happened again. Bree looked out the window and her ears perked up, but she didn't seem scared. I was in the living room this time and looked through the peephole. Nobody. And no car again. I want a dog (bet nobody knocks at my neighbors - they own Cujo) and DH is planning to ramp up the alarm system with cameras. This is all very weird. We live on a private road and have few neighbors. I have a puppy already picked out but the chances of me getting her are zero to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.