What's in Your Junk Drawer?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Let's revive a fun game we had in the Lounge a few years ago. Everybody has a junk drawer, right?

Rules:
1. Name an object that is in your junk drawer. It has to be real, not something you think should be there or would funny if you had it there.
2. Go in alphabetical order. First person names something starting with A, next person starts with B, etc. When we get to Z, start over again with A.
3. Take turns. Don't post two times in a row. If you missed the letter you wanted, wait until it comes around again.
4. Pictures are welcome, but not required.

I'll start off with Angel-shaped cookie cutter.

Next?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, we no longer have a junk drawer (thank goodness!) We used to, but when we remodeled our kitchen, we got rid of it. I refuse to allow things to be put away willy-nilly; everything has to have a space. Everything. It's been almost two years and, so far, it seems to be working out OK.

So what did Dear Richard do with the contents of our old junk drawer? Well, he put everything in a tote and stuck it in the basement! And it's still there. Does a junk tote count?

Clips are in the junk tote.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Duct tape!

We don't have a junk drawer so much as junk dresser, but it is reasonably organized.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Actually, we no longer have a junk drawer (thank goodness!) We used to, but when we remodeled our kitchen, we got rid of it. I refuse to allow things to be put away willy-nilly; everything has to have a space. Everything. It's been almost two years and, so far, it seems to be working out OK.

So what did Dear Richard do with the contents of our old junk drawer? Well, he put everything in a tote and stuck it in the basement! And it's still there. Does a junk tote count?

Clips are in the junk tote.
Junk tote counts :clap:

Duct tape!

We don't have a junk drawer so much as junk dresser, but it is reasonably organized.
How can junk be organized? I've never quite figured out how to do that. :lol3:

Forks. Not a full set, just the odd fork left over from a picnic set, plus a few plastic forks.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have one small drawer in my kitchen that i guess could be considered a "junk" drawer, but it's more like a drawer that holds/stores items that don't belong in the other drawers. there is a collection of a variety of items in there.

instruction papers -- for quite a few things. there are the instructions for assembling all the cat trees and cat shelves/cat wall furniture and instructions for assembling other and varied things -- things that i may need to disassemble at some point and later put back together.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Hmm. Somehow I don't think generic JUNK quite fits the category. Guess I'll have to go through the drawer again to see if I have anything starting with J.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Knives. Not like, kitchen silverware knives, but actual knives. I guess hunting knives would be appropriate? Idk what to call them, they're Glen's lol.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lollipops.  I keep the small dum-dum lollipops around as occasional treats when my kids have been really good.  Like if DD can get through grocery shopping without asking for things; I might reward her with one.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
markers, the permanent kind. i bought them originally to mark boxes when i was moving. i don't use them often now, but will occasionally find a use for them.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Nutcracker