What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Visiting with friends tonight as I need to do some stuff on her computer and we're having dinner there. She told me something with pork chops and scalloped potatoes. And some kind of an apple wine. I'm taking a cake and some toffee bars for dessert and she said she has some fresh fruit to go with the cake.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftovers from my Mil.  She rarely sends food home as she does not like me but sent some stuff so we will share.  Excited to try as never had any of it(they are Indian)

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BF had promised to cook tonight, but he predictably fell asleep, so I fixed sautéed pork chops, smashed potatoes, parmesan roasted green beans, and sautéed onions and mushrooms.

That said, I'm thinking I'm going to be single soon. Really tired of broken promises and laziness.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mac and cheese in the crock pot. I just got a new crock pot cook book The Great American Slow Cooker Book, from Amazon and there are a lot of recipes in there that have caught my eye. 

When the book came in the mail the other day and I opened the book, Rick said he guessed we'd be having a few crock pot dinners for a while. 

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lamb shanks in tomato and red wine sauce, potatoes and carrots.
Oooh! That sounds delicious! I love lamb shanks. I made a stuffed chicken with gravy, carrots and cranberry sauce. Brined for a few hours before roasting. I use a compound butter (thyme, orange zest, garlic) under the skin. It comes out nice and tender and the zest gives it great flavor. And Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Therapy for dessert.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am making chicken for my husband and fish for me and my daughter. I'm not sure yet if we will have salmon or tilapia. I'm not sure what I am making as a side dish yet.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Husband wants a liverwurst sandwich on the gluten-free bread he just made this weekend, and I'll serve him that plus a salad and veggie.  I'm having a Omaha steaks 6 oz. ribeye, salad, a low carb veggie, and for my carb, probably one serving of the bread my husband made.  If I need more calories will either add cheese to my salad and/or up the amount of half and half and salad dressing I use.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Comfort Food. I cooked rutabagas with neck bones and dumplings. Also had stir fried cabbage. Wonderful.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The plan is chicken Kiev with salad but it's going to be incredibly hot so I'm not sure if I want to use the oven.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pulled pork sandwich and cole slaw. I'm ready to dig in and head for bed. It's been hard getting back into the daily grind of work, even though I've been doing it slow and easy.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Getting ready to throw two bone-in chicken breasts in the crock pot with some chicken broth, sauteed onions, etc. Tonight's dinner will either be chicken corn soup or chicken noodle soup....haven't decided which yet. 

Status
Not open for further replies.