What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well the usual for holiday.Im trying to decide -cole slaw ? or hot slaw?

to be determined

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
pressure cooker recipe think Im gonna try it in a fry pan.

1cabbage coarsely shredded

3 TBSN butter

4-6 TBSN brown sugar

half cup vinegar

2 tablespoons chopped onion

one and one half tsp salt one half tsp dry mustard

1 tablespoon caraway seed

half cup water

combine  cover and I guess simmer till crisp tender...

here goes...

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really like it.the seasonings kinda remind me of german potato salad.

I like vinegar/brown sugar combo.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Venison back strap - butterflied, black pepper, salt, brandy, herb infused olive oil. Grilled under infra red broiler in range. Served with shredded potato cake, braised Brussels sprouts, and four mushroom medley of shiitake, chicken of the woods, chanterelles, and oyster mushrooms (foraged for the last three. Previously sauteed, and frozen. Brought out & warmed with a little rich stock.) Nice red burgundy to drink. Brandied fruitcake for dessert.

A quiet, delicious, holiday evening at home, just the two of us dining in.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Venison back strap - butterflied, black pepper, salt, brandy, herb infused olive oil. Grilled under infra red broiler in range. Served with shredded potato cake, braised Brussels sprouts, and four mushroom medley of shiitake, chicken of the woods, chanterelles, and oyster mushrooms (foraged for the last three. Previously sauteed, and frozen. Brought out & warmed with a little rich stock.) Nice red burgundy to drink. Brandied fruitcake for dessert.

It is 6:19 in the morning and you've got me starving. That sounds like a wonderful meal. 

We have a couple pieces of lasagna left, some salad, and a small piece of pie. I think that will be our dinner tonight. 

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Venison back strap - butterflied, black pepper, salt, brandy, herb infused olive oil. Grilled under infra
red broiler in range. Served with shredded potato cake, braised Brussels sprouts, and four mushroom medley of shiitake, chicken of the woods, chanterelles, and oyster mushrooms (foraged for the last three. Previously sauteed, and frozen. Brought out & warmed with a little rich stock.) Nice red burgundy to drink. Brandied fruitcake for dessert

[/quote

Yum

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know. Going to my son for supper tonight.
We had a Jewish East European meal which I love. It's meat, potatoes, haricot beans, barley, onion, garlic, chickpeas and whole washed eggs. All this is put into a pan with a lid we it water oil and seasonings including a lot of sweet paprika. Brought to the boil and then baked in the oven for 12 hours. It's yummy. The eggs come out brown right through. I also put carrots into mine. We had it with salads.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Bratwurst, pasta salad and mixed vegetables. The pasta salad seems too summery for a snowy day, but we have leftovers from yesterday.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I didn't know what butter chicken is either so I looked it up on the iInternet and there are scads of recipes, they are easy to make too and once you have all the ingredients you can just mix them all up and keep them in a jar for next time.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recipe please. Isn't it an Indian dish?
Yes it is. Normally, I just buy the sauce and follow directions to make it. Yesterday, it was a store bought prepared meal (from Costco) that you just heat for 30 minutes and serve over rice.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our Christmas dinner is today at 1:00. We are at ten people right now, which isn't so bad. 

Crown roast of pork, Delmonico potatoes, corn pudding, mandarin orange and pecan salad, sweet potatoes, creamed onions, crock pot stuffing with gravy

Strawberry swirl cheesecake, white coconut layer cake with lemon filling, and a platter of assorted Christmas cookies

Iced tea and coffee

My sister is bringing a few bottles of wine; I know it's white, but that's all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.