What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight I made Annie's Gluten Free Mac & Cheese for dinner. We had to go out and order a new stove/oven because ours keeps malfunctioning, so I kept it easy tonight!
What stove did you get? Curious minds want to know!

We are having leftovers tonight. There isn't much in the way of leftovers (six very hungry people yesterday), but we can make do with them.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had leftovers and ate a big lunch. So it will be a sandwich if anything. We had leftover shrimp, fish, field peas, potato cakes, gluten free cornbread, pear half. For dessert we topped it off with some gluten free banana pudding. I am too full to move right now.:lol3:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Crispy baked eggplant with homemade marinara and miracle noodles.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick makes the best meat loaf....his is so much better than mine. It's just delicious.

Anyway, I had 1-1/2 pounds of ground beef thawing in the fridge because I was going to make pasta sauce for the freezer. Well, last night I had a hair appt. I thought Rick would just grab a container of vegetable soup or something out of the freezer in the basement for dinner....no biggie and it would be easy for him.

Well, he saw the ground beef in the fridge and knew I had wanted him to make meat loaf some night this week, so he figured the beef was for the meat loaf. He got it thawed (granite countertops work beautifully to thaw frozen foods, by the way....if you can keep the cats away, that is), prepared the meat loaf and got it into the oven. When I got home, I was pleasantly surprised to find out we were having meat loaf for dinner. I mentioned that I just figured he'd grab soup or something and nuke it......he went 

and said he didn't even think about it. He was trying to clean the litter boxes, too, so he was really in a hurry last night. He kept saying, "Man, think of all the time I could have saved by throwing soup into the microwave!" 

While the meat loaf was roasting, I threw together some orzo and some peas with some diced carrots from the freezer. Sprinkled a little thyme over it all. And til I finished that up, the meat loaf was done, too. 

I'll take meat loaf over soup any day! And Rick was able to take a nice meat loaf sandwich in his lunch today....he really likes meat loaf sandwiches. So it all worked out in the end. 

Rick is bowling late tonight, but he has a conference call at 4:30 that we already know is going to be quite long. Plus the electrician is supposed to be coming tonight. I think we'll have some vegetable soup from the freezer and a couple garlic parmesan rolls, also from the freezer for dinner.

(And I need to get more ground beef out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge so I can make pasta sauce. 
)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Meat loaf sounds really good right about now! :yummy:

Tonight is a repeat of last night. I had stopped by a specialty meat shop yesterday and had picked up some chicken sausages. We are having salads made with field greens and spinach, apples, light cheddar, walnuts, the sausage and drilled with butternut squash oil and maple balsamic.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meat loaf sounds really good right about now!

Tonight is a repeat of last night. I had stopped by a specialty meat shop yesterday and had picked up some chicken sausages. We are having salads made with field greens and spinach, apples, light cheddar, walnuts, the sausage and drilled with butternut squash oil and maple balsamic.
I love meat loaf .Haven't had it in awhile.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate making a medium size dinner for 2. so tonight I' think we will have breakfast for dinner. omelette with tomatoes,bell pepper and lots of cheese.and hash browns

Pizza for late night snack.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had too much pizza last night, so it will be a salad tonight. I think I will thaw salmon to go with it for Aaron and either chicken or shrimp for me.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pasta Puttenesca with garlic bread tonight. Probably sauteed broccoli on the side.  If the kitties are good they will get a small taste of the (rinsed) anchovies I'm using in the sauce.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had too much pizza last night, so it will be a salad tonight. I think I will thaw salmon to go with it for Aaron and either chicken or shrimp for me.
WE ended up going out to dinner last night so this will be for tonight. I took out chicken to thaw for me.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick will be grilling a ham slice (with bourbon pineapple glaze). He's not sure what he's making with it, but it will probably be green beans with a bit of minced garlic and some tarragon....he was talking about green beans this morning and he loves them with garlic and tarragon. And a couple sliced tomatoes (we did find 5 tomatoes in the garden on Sunday that are beautifully ripe).

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Spaghetti squash with crushed tomatoes, garlic, onions, seasonings, etc. I have turkey kielbasa that I'm going to slice and add to the tomatoes, too; that way dear Richard will get some meat with his dinner. (I was going to add some cannellini beans instead of the kielbasa, but Rick wasn't amused, so kielbasa it is). And a couple garlic-parmesan rolls from the freezer. I just love winter squash and it's something that doesn't do well in our garden. So whenever it's on sale at the grocery, I buy it. Butternut (roasted and caramelized....mmmmm), acorn (love, love, love stuffed acorn squash), spaghetti....any kind of winter squash.

(And then on Friday night, I'll make the rest of the kielbasa in another dish for dinner.)

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's kielbasa?
Wonder what my daughter will make for Friday night supper.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Basically, it's a type of sausage. I always get it made with turkey instead of pork or beef. I've gotten chicken kielbasa, too, and it's not bad. But the turkey is lower in calories. You can buy it in your local grocery store or at the butcher shop. We don't have it that often, but sometimes Rick gets hungry for kielbasa.

He was pleased tonight because I added 1-1/2 servings of kielbasa (about 3 ounces, sliced thinly) to our tomato sauce for the squash. He took all the slices, except for one, which I ate. I like it but was trying to stay meatless, if I could. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kielbasa is one of my most favorite foods in the entire world!  We always get it at the Polish Meat Market when we go "home."  That and their pierogis....amazing.  There is no finer food that I know of!   I usually get enough to freeze for at least 3 meals.  I'm out of it right now and since my cousin didn't come as planned; I'm missing it!!

I should be starting dinner any minute now and I still don't know what we are having.  I guess I should go open the refrigerator and start thinking before people start whining. 

Status
Not open for further replies.