Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
They're not runny. You have to have soft
yolks or there's no point in eating fried eggs.
My dad called them "dippy eggs" because he could dip his pieces of toast into the yolks. I like dippy eggs, too.

Not sure about dinner tonight. I didn't do the tuna salad because I had a hair appt. Til I got home, Rick was starving to death and had already order pizza. 

We're leaving shortly to hit Penzey's and to do some other shopping. We may just do dinner out somewhere tonight.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's either going to be leftover pizza or littleneck clams....

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad called them "dippy eggs" because he could dip his pieces of toast into the yolks. I like dippy eggs, too.

Not sure about dinner tonight. I didn't do the tuna salad because I had a hair appt. Til I got home, Rick was starving to death and had already order pizza. 

We're leaving shortly to hit Penzey's and to do some other shopping. We may just do dinner out somewhere tonight.
I love soft yolks. I eat the whites first so that I can dig into the luscious yolk and soak them either in buttered toast or chips.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  me too. Although, l hate the whites to even think about being runny, so l drizzle the top of the egg with hot oil, rather than flip it, so the top of the yolk is white and the whites are solid.

Tonight we're having herbed chicken and salad, yum.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah:   me too. Although, l hate the whites to even think about being runny, so l drizzle the top of the egg with hot oil, rather than flip it, so the top of the yolk is white and the whites are solid.

Tonight we're having herbed chicken and salad, yum.
Oh you are so good. I use butter for my eggs.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much tonight I don't think.
I felt bilious last night so tried something my dad had told me about when I was young. He said he learned it I in the army. Lick a little salt. I put some in the palm of my hand and licked it up yuk but it worked. My tummy settled. Amazing. This is a tip I'm passing on

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had french fries and I mixed avocado with cherry tomatoes and black grapes with salt, pepper and mayonnaise. I love grapes in a salad with mayonnaise.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Red Lobster (I like RL, but am not an overly big fan of the place anymore). I just had a small piece of flounder, a small baked potato (no butter or sour cream), and a Caesar salad. With a Boston tea...unsweetened. (But I did have two Cheddar Bay Biscuits.)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love going out to eat. What did you have?
Steak salad and a baked potato. Mississippi mud cake for dessert. It was yum!!
I'm a bit confused about runny eggs. Our runny eggs have the whites cooked but the yolk is warm and runny. Is that what you guys mean?

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. White cooked and lovely yoke soft and warm.
I don't remember the last time I had a steak. I don't buy meat here anymore. Too expensive and when I do go out not to steaky restaurants. What sort of salad and dressing and what did you have on your baked potato? I live vicariously through other people's meals. I don't know what mississippi mud cake is. The trials and tribulations of not being American.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The runny eggs.....I like to dip a corner of my toast into the yolk have the yolk break open and run out of the egg onto the plate. That's my runny egg. Most of the time I do my eggs in omelets, but sometimes the dippy egg is the best.

Tonight's dinner will be grilled pork chops (I know....we did that last week, too).

I took 3 pounds of ground beef out of the freezer last night and stuck it in the fridge. I'm going to use half of the beef in pasta sauce. The other half is going into crock pot chili (now that I have chili powder again). Both will go into the freezer.

I also took a nice roaster out of the freezer while I was at it; that's for Monday's dinner. Since I'll be off work tomorrow, I thought I'do a rotisserie-style chicken in the oven. I'll have to rub the seasonings on it tonight and wrap it overnight. Then it just goes into the oven tomorrow. An easy dinner.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't remember the last time I had a steak. I don't buy meat here anymore. Too expensive and when I do go out not to steaky restaurants. What sort of salad and dressing and what did you have on your baked potato? I live vicariously through other people's meals. I don't know what mississippi mud cake is. The trials and tribulations of not being American.
Sorry. Australian.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could all probably guess.
French fries, avocado and grapes with salt, pepper and mayonnaise.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just caught up on the runny egg discussions. Hot gooey yolk. YUM.

Anyhoo. Tonight was meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans with garlic.  Very basic comfort food.  

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a big meal early in the day today for lunch so we just snacked for our evening meal. I was just reading through the discussion about the runny egg yolks. I guess I opened a can of worms when i made the remark that I like hard cooked egg yolks. :lol3: Am I the only one =

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a green salad with red onion, tomato, cucumber and beans. The potato had sour cream and chives and the steak had avocado with a mustard sauce. Mississippi mud cake is chocolate mud cake with chocolate sauce served with whipped cream and icecream. We actually went to Hogsbreath cafe. They are a chain of restaurants. Kind of like a pub meal. I think the chain is American but I'm in Australia. Not fancy but yummy.
Tonight we are having kebabs with salad in whole grain wraps.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rotisserie-style roast chicken (I seasoned and wrapped it in plastic wrap last night. Will put it into the oven at noon for dinner around 5:30 tonight)

Not sure about sides yet, although I'm thinking of something like steamed green beans with some garlic and maybe something with potatoes. I just read the Three Things thread and jcat made some potato salad. That sounds really good with my chicken, so I may throw some together for our dinner, too.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a green salad with red onion, tomato, cucumber and beans. The potato had sour cream and chives and the steak had avocado with a mustard sauce. Mississippi mud cake is chocolate mud cake with chocolate sauce served with whipped cream and icecream. We actually went to Hogsbreath cafe. They are a chain of restaurants. Kind of like a pub meal. I think the chain is American but I'm in Australia. Not fancy but yummy.
Tonight we are having kebabs with salad in whole grain wraps.
It all sounds divine. I've never b heard

Status
Not open for further replies.