What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
game misconduct game misconduct Looked good enough to eat - which we did.

View attachment 382178
looks way :lol: better than what i made since it was grocery day for us i talked the gf into making a quick stop at the mexican market to buy supplies to make chocharrones sopes:(can easily see difference and quality of your home made verde compared to my watery market bought one:lol:i cant plate food neatly

Attachments

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the compliments, game misconduct game misconduct The salsa verde is really easy to make, especially as the local Walmart Superstore has really good tomatilos, hot peppers, poblano peppers that may be used for chiles rellenos - as you might deduce there's a sizeable Hispanic population in the area. Now if only I could convince them to offer squash blossoms. But they have too short a shelf life for that to happen.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
crutches?? are you ok? but the baconator is a good burger
game misconduct game misconduct I broke the tibia at my knee last Saturday. Just got all the x-ray results and dr appts. I'm on crutches for the next three weeks (at least). It's not bad, but it's not good either. Crutches and I do not get along!

Did not get a baconator at Wendy's, although I love them. I just got a single and some fries.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HI HI HI HI HI!!!! It's alive! I MISSED YOU GUYS! Tonight...something left over from ordering food with my son for the past four days. This will get me through the weekend, and then my insurance company is delivering 14 days of microwaveable meals to me on Monday, consistent with my diabetic needs.

LOL, can you imagine my dismay when, first morning home, I took my walker to the kitchen, fixed a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffer, then realized I had no way to get it from the kitchen to my chair? THANK GOD for good neighbors! They came to the rescue. Drew ordered this for me:
IMG_0277 (1).jpg

It is a major life-saver. I can microwave food, pour a drink, and get them back to my chair to eat! I made my own breakfast this morning, and it felt so good!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight I had a large mixed lettuce salad, topped with chopped apple, cheese, walnuts and raisins, and a simple vinegar and olive oil dressing. 🥗 And those who know my posts in the coffee & tea thread, might be surprised that I'm going to have a cup of my Suisse Mocha for dessert. ☕

I broke the tibia at my knee last Saturday. Just got all the x-ray results and dr appts. I'm on crutches for the next three weeks (at least). It's not bad, but it's not good either. Crutches and I do not get along!
Oh, ouch !!! Hope you heal quickly. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

HI HI HI HI HI!!!! It's alive! I MISSED YOU GUYS!
And we so missed you !!! :welcomeback2:

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sleepover for the kiddos. They asked for hotdogs, baked chicken legs, chips and dip, watermelon, and chocolate pudding. A conglomeration of weird foods that will undoubtedly make the adults feel ill.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, Rick made grilled cheese sandwiches with some cheddar that he bought at our local cheesemaker down the road. That man makes a wonderful grilled cheese! He said he didn't feel like dealing with thawing, heating, etc the pasta sauce and then cooking pasta. That was fine with me.

Not sure about tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.