What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother in law made pork and veggie skewers, baked potatoes and buns (store bought buns though). I didn't eat a bun and had a very small slice of cake for dessert.

seaturtle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A big salad of red cabbage, kale and carrots and walnuts, a Mexican frozen dinner, ice cream and a milkshake and cookies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salad - romaine, celery, cucumber, tomato, scallion, raw cauliflower not sure yet what dressing.
1/2 udi's gluten-free French baguette with 1 portion (4 oz.) of Italian meats from the Carando Italian Sandwich Solutions kits I buy from Costco, bit of mayo, up to 2 slices of cheese, homemade roasted red bell pepper. 2 tiny zucchini cakes. 1/4 cantelope.  1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A salad with a mixed package of salad stuff plus hard boiled eggs, avocado and tomatoes. Salt, pepper, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Tastyish.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's a busy night tonight. 

I had a coupon for a Bon Appetit frozen pizza and they were on sale last night for less than $4, so Rick said to buy one. That will probably be our dinner tonight as I won't have a lot of time to cook. We don't know what they're like or how filling they are.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my chicken breasts, ground them up and made chicken burgers. I had mine on just half a bun so it was "open face" and some cucumber with it.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think tonight will be chicken fajita salads.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Burgers. We have two left from Sunday and couldn't refreeze them since the ground beef had already been frozen once. So we stuck the burgers in the fridge and Rick will grill them tonight. I'm making salads to go with the burgers.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Haven't decided yet between white turkey chili or turkey meatloaf. 

ETA: I just went to allrecipes.com and found this. We have taco shells in the pantry. I'm thinking of making this, chopping up some lettuce and tomatoes for salad, putting this overtop the salad, then sprinkling a bit of Monterey Jack cheese and crunching up some taco shells to top it all off.

Southwestern-Flavored Ground Beef or Turkey for Tacos & Salad (from allrecipes.com)

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 large onion, chopped

1-1/2 large garlic cloves, minced

1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey

1/2 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes

Salt and pepper, to taste

2 tablespoons cornmeal

Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet until shimmering. Add onion; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, oregano and cumin; sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add beef or turkey and cook, stirring often, until it loses its raw color. Stir in tomatoes; simmer to blend flavors, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cornmeal; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens, almost instantly. Serve warm for dinner as tacos or taco salad. Serves 5.

NOTE: Since I haven't made it yet, I think I will add more spices to the mix. More cumin, more chili powder, more garlic. And I'm thinking of throwing a bit Spanish paprika in, too, just for a hint of smokiness.

So that's dinner tonight, I believe. I love it when I find a recipe and have everything in the pantry to try it out. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.