What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Being it's V-Day, and the weather in the northeast is abysmal, I made a very nice dinner for us.

Petite filet mignons, small lobster tails with herb butter, baked potatoes and green beans.  Opened a very nice bottle of red Zinfandel. Dessert is homemade strawberry shortcakes.  Everything we've had so far came out perfect, if I can tout my own horn lol.  

Not a diet dinner.  
I'm jealous. That sounds wonderful.

We were going to grill a chicken breast last night and slice it over a salad. But honestly? It's too cold for salad and we wanted something warm. So I used the chicken breast and made Tuscan Chicken with Beans. I didn't think Rick would go for it, but he really liked it.

Tonight we are having roasted butternut linguine.  We haven't had it before, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom and sister are coming over today (it's a holiday called family day here). We are making homemade pizza.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Having leftover tomato sauce with sausages...

Nice hearty, comfy meal for the cold...

Dessert: either choc chip cookies or oreos...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftover grilled chicken breast, asparagus, and shiitake mushrooms over pasta

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had roast beef, mashed potatoes, sausages in gravy, broccoli/cauliflower mix, Yorkshire pudding and cinnamon cake for dessert.
That sounds so good. I haven't had Yorkshire pudding since well before you
were born :-)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have a hair appt tonight, so whatever Dear Richard wants to make for dinner is fine with me.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pork loin fillet, asparagus, broccoli and zucchini and tomato. The rest of the family are having left over potatoes from last night too. They are scalloped with cream, cream cheese, bacon and onion. They said they were pretty good.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Ravioli is on our menu for tonight. We haven't had ravioli in ages. 
 I made some a couple months ago and threw them into the freezer. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't had ravioli in ages either. That sounds good. The furkids and I will probably share a plain grilled lamb chop and I'll have some veggies of some sort on the side. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ravioli is on our menu for tonight. We haven't had ravioli in ages. :yummy:  I made some a couple months ago and threw them into the freezer. 
That sounds yummy. What kind of ravioli?

We have to go into the city to pay money on our new mattress and get a few things so we will grab something for dinner while we are out.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That sounds yummy. What kind of ravioli?

We have to go into the city to pay money on our new mattress and get a few things so we will grab something for dinner while we are out.
Here's the recipe:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/238199/main-dishes-and-entrees-pasta

I always do a cheese ravioli and then a spinach one. I do use the meat filling sometimes, but when I have meat in the sauce, then I don't use a meat filling. This ravioli is really good. And it's the easiest recipe I've ever used.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ravioli is on our menu for tonight. We haven't had ravioli in ages. :yummy:  I made some a couple months ago and threw them into the freezer. 
The only ravioli I've ever eaten was 60-60 years ago from a tin so I've never ordered it. Is it as filling as a plate of usual pasta?

Status
Not open for further replies.