What would you consider this?

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve had my cat for about 5 years, when I adopted him they said he was part bengal. I wouldn’t think it was true because he doesn’t look anything like a bengal to me but he does have the personality.

Dog-like, comes when called, very needy and doesn’t stop licking me. So I’m guessing he probably is part bengal. So my question is, what pattern does he have?

Attachments

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like tabby to me. There's some bengal coloring in the first picture and he looks compact and muscular like a bengal.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is hard to say for sure, but I would consider him to have a tabby mackerel pattern. It is possible he could pass for a classic tabby; I don't exactly see the typical 'bullseye' on the sides, but the marble/swirls are often part of the classic tabby pattern.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is hard to say for sure, but I would consider him to have a tabby mackerel pattern. It is possible he could pass for a classic tabby; I don't exactly see the typical 'bullseye' on the sides, but the marble/swirls are often part of the classic tabby pattern.
Being classic withouth the bullseye, but sooner the marbles, hints a possibility of a marble bengal ancestry...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone!

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wasn’t sure what to call his pattern. I love him dearly and I think in the future I’ll have to seek out a bengal or mix again because I adore his personality.
He just sometimes licks me a little too much haha

Attachments

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ooo and he doesn’t have a tail. I think he was born that way but how could you tell the difference between being born naturally without a tail and having an accident?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is gorgeous😻 I would say he is a classic brown tabby and he almost looks like a torbie with some of that red in those first pictures. I am not sure about the tail maybe you can ask your Dvm.

It does look like he could have some Bengal ancestry with the way the markings are and his behavioral patterns as well. The top of his head looks like my Merlin who is a domestic shorthair ginger tuxedo tabby. He’s got similar markings. Merlin does not look like a Bengal, he’s got an enormous head, but he’s very large and he does behave like one sometimes. He’s also very dog like.
AFB55D92-2FFB-4CB5-B3C2-787A4306C9EE.jpeg
E29C7992-D9C0-4490-92CE-39BA736B56D4.jpeg

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A handsome classic tabby; he could be Pimenta and Pandora's long lost brother :tabbycat:

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone