What Would You Call This Girly?

Lyrina25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is Apache. We rescued her last year from our favorite shelter. She turned two last May Fifth. She's not much of a Cinco de Mayo cat, she ignored the spice-less taco I made her. (I didn't think she'd eat the burrito shell anyway.)

In any case, I've been wondering what she could be. The markings remind me of her 'sister' Shadow, who is a bicolor american shorthair. (Seriously, that could have been Shadow in my cat breeds book)

Most people call her a cow print cat, but I know that's not a real breed. Any ideas?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'd call her a black and white bicolor Domestic Shorthair. I can't really tell any breed influence (as 95% of housecats are randombred, resulting in most cats having generations of mixed-breed ancestors). I don't see any American Shorthair in Apache, they usually have a wider, more rectangular head. She is very cute though!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Is her right side as dark as her left? Luciano is similarly colored on the right, but as you can see from my pic, his left side is more white. I've been told he's a bicolor cat, also jellicle cat from posters on this site.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lyrina25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is our most rambunctious cat ever. She was returned for being bipolar, and, while I wondered at first if those peple had ever had a cat before, now I start to get it. Playful one second, biting my arm the next and out cold on her perch a few seconds later!

Bit of a longways shot here.

Just bicolor domestic shorthair, then?

...Ok good lord. Googled that and I swear most of the cats saw could be Apache. Good call then! Thanks!

Edit: yeah, she's actually pretty symmetrical. Eve the spots on the back of her feet are!