What Would U Say Apollo Is?

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this is Apollo.. I have two other cats and I know they are DSH... Apollo is different, his fur feels different.. was trying to figure it out on my own and the breed that best describes him in my opinion is a Turkish angora.. what do u think?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not turkish angora, whom are longhair. He is Domestic shorthair, blue and white bicolor.

With his prolonged muzzle he has some ancestry of course but what? Russian blue perhaps.

Yes, I will stand this as my wild guess.

Welcome back home Apollo, to the House of your father!

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for your input!.. I have always wondered what he was, maybe someday I will invest in a DNA test to be positive on what exactly his ancestry is! Either way I don't care, he's an awesome kitty personality and looks!!
There is a DNA test available now that can look for breed influences. We were discussing that here: Basepaws Dna Test For Cats?

Let me know if you end up doing a DNA test on Apollo! I’d be curious to hear the results! I agree with StefanZ’s assessment that there might be some Russian Blue in your handsome boy, but it would certainly be interesting to know for sure! :)