What would happen if I bought a 2nd cat?

Carrot_cake1502

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 6 month old cat and a 4.5 years old rabbit. We keep them separate if the cat wants to chase the bunny, he is only allowed to be in the same room with the bunny under supervision and if he behaves himself. What would my cats behaviour be if I decided to get another cat? Would be accepted the 2nd cat or would it be very problematic?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Since your cat is 6 months old...more than likely...he'd love another cat as a playmate. :blush:
I'd say it's much, much easier, to introduce young cats to each other.
Choose another young cat or kitten to match your cat's personality.
You can foster and adopt, too. :bluepaw:

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, 6 months plus anything resembling a kitten is pretty much a guarranty of friendship. 6 months plus any cat under two years is a vey high excellent chance of friendship. Eventually, as you talk about adding older and older cats, the chance starts to meaningfully trend down and you get to the point where an older cat is more likely to be annoyed by the kitten for a fairly long while than to ever befriend the kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Carrot_cake1502

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, 6 months plus anything resembling a kitten is pretty much a guarranty of friendship. 6 months plus any cat under two years is a vey high excellent chance of friendship. Eventually, as you talk about adding older and older cats, the chance starts to meaningfully trend down and you get to the point where an older cat is more likely to be annoyed by the kitten for a fairly long while than to ever befriend the kitten.
Since your cat is 6 months old...more than likely...he'd love another cat as a playmate. :blush:
I'd say it's much, much easier, to introduce young cats to each other.
Choose another young cat or kitten to match your cat's personality.
You can foster and adopt, too. :bluepaw:
Thank you for your replies I really appreciate it this is really reassuring.