• 8 Non-pedigree, long hair

• 9 Non-pedigree, short/medium hair

• 10 Will pick on the spot what appeals to me

Results are only viewable after voting.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After Daisy Crossed, I wanted someone to cuddle. I wanted a dog, I was shopping for a German Shepherd whether purebred or mixed, even before. But my vet recommended another cat from a shelter. You never know what life is going to throw at you, and now I have Bob. He isn't cute, he isn't cuddly (yet) but he keeps me so busy that I am forever grateful for him. I hardly know him, and I already love him.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on your new furry friend, Bob. :clap: I hope he brings you many hours of joy and happiness.:hearthrob:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If age permits, our next cat(s) will likely be ones being given away for free in an ad that has been sitting with no reply. They will most likely be older cats and maybe with health issues. The ones few people want.

Greg and Arnold were "found" on the internet and were in need of a home. No one wanted to take the brothers together.....our good fortune!!
IMG_20230526_193414_169~2.jpg

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My next cat is going to be a blue-cream Persian. I'm in love with Persians, I just can't get over them! I may consider British Shorthair and/or Maine Coon at some point though when I'm in my 30s-40s.

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been taking cats in for over 30 years. Only twice have I actually gone to the cat sanctuary to take off their hands a cat that no one would take.

Cats seem to find me, one followed me home in the winter walking with me for over an hour. That's a long cold story. One literally knocked on my front door and when I opened it, came in and sat on my chair, went to sleep just like he had been doing it for years. He was family and he knew it, but we just didn't know it yet.

What will my next cat be, whatever the cat gods send me. :)

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't really have a preference on fur length, but non-pedigree for sure. As it happens, my current group is almost all short hair, except for Pandora who is at least medium hair (could go long, I don't know what her father looks like at all). Pandora was born in May this year, so she's the baby. Oldest cat is about 12 and not in good health, next is probably her daughter at around 11.5 years, then Cosy at 8, and then Leo & Jemmy at 3.5 I don't think I would consider adding another intentionally until after Cosy is gone, and hopefully that is a good long while away.

Morgana’s Human

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m waiting to see where things take me in terms of a second! I’d ideally like to wait for a better job first, as while I am certain Morgana is showing signs of wanting a companion - cats are expensive! Being responsible and waiting until I have a better paid position before welcoming another.

If a cat happened to follow me home and the owner couldn’t be located or the cat is a stray, however…..cat distribution system, I’m waiting!

If I could choose, I’d love an all black cat, or a long haired tuxedo. I’d probably avoid pedigree if I can (nothing against them!).

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
My family has allergies, so we’d have to go for a hypoallergenic. We ended up with the sweetest and most social Siberian kitten (they are amazing for allergies), and so far have been fine with them sniffles.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have never had anything but strays or ferals, but the five onetime ferals that we currently have may well be our last. I'm almost 80, and Michele is in her 70s, and our cats range from 9 to 12 years old now. We don't want to leave any cat to an uncertain fate when we are gone.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got 6 now. This is it for me. 3 nine year olds and 3 seven month olds. It's getting too expensive. $200 per cat to get them fixed at the vet!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We have never had anything but strays or ferals, but the five onetime ferals that we currently have may well be our last. I'm almost 80, and Michele is in her 70s, and our cats range from 9 to 12 years old now. We don't want to leave any cat to an uncertain fate when we are gone.
I'm 40, and single, and that thought plagues me. I know my Mom wouldn't let anything happen to any of my cats or my dog, but if something should happen to us both, that is a huge worry as she has several of her own, too. :(

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 40, and single, and that thought plagues me. I know my Mom wouldn't let anything happen to any of my cats or my dog, but if something should happen to us both, that is a huge worry as she has several of her own, too. :(
You can have something legally written up about what you want done for your cats if they out live you both (which of course will not happen). :) Depending on where you are, there are some great places that accept such cats, and take very good care of them.