What will their kittens look like?

kittyconcon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My female cat (the grey one) is heavily pregnant, and I expect her to deliver in about a week. Bandit (the other cat) is the father. I have no idea what to expect their kittens to look like. I don't know what their parents look like, but I do know what their siblings  looked like. Ash (the mother) had two brothers, one of which was a dark brown tabby with NO white, while her other brother was an orange tabby with a white under belly. Bandit had siblings whom looked pretty similar in color to him, just different markings, although he did have 2 siblings whom were all black with bits of white. I would also like to get an idea of what kind of breed they are? I believe that they are American Short-hairs. 

//We plan on fixing Bandit next week, and Ash will be spayed as soon as the kittens are given to their families (whom have already agreed and prepared for kittens). 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ash is a torbie (she has that little bit of red on her nose), so she can have red or dark males, and dark or tortie/torbie/calico females. Probably all tabbies since both parents are, but I think a solid could sneak in. She's a dilute so some of the babies might be dilute too. Since he has a lot of white, the babies could, too, but since she has no white they might not :tongue2:.

Torties/torbies/calicos have the most colorful litters!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyconcon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I have my fingers crossed for at least one calico! 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Momma has no white spots, so she isnt no white spot carrier.  But as I understand it, all siblings of dear daddy do have white on them?   So I suspect they got the white spot gene doubled, daddy too.  and as its dominant, I expect all his children will have some white on them even if they will have it singled.    At least half will - but possibly all.

kittyconcon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! I expected most of them to carry the white gene, thank you for your input! I'll be sure to post pictures of the kittens when they're born!

kittyconcon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And yeah, Bandit's brothers all had white on them!

kittyconcon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
THE KITTENS HAVE BEEN BORN! 

There are SIX of them. I have not checked their genders, though. Ash gave birth while we were away, and when we got back she had all of them cleaned and fed. They were born on the 20th of April, and are starting to open their eyes now. Most of them look like Ash, but I can see specks of Bandit in them as well! I believe that one of them is a calico. There is one of the grey kittens that has a white underbelly with grey on top, but I don't think it has stripes! Which is kind of strange to me! 

I would have posted sooner, but I had been busy. I'm so happy and proud of these kittens, and can't wait until I can play and love on them.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are very cute! Do you have any runts? I see a few big kittens in there!

We're you able to fix the male already? If not, please know that mom can get pregnant again within a week of delivery and without going into heat. Dad will still be fertile for a few weeks after neutering, so you'll want to supervise all visits.

kittyconcon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think the calico is the runt! She seems to be the smallest out of all of them. :)

Not yet, but he hasn't had any contact with Ash or the kittens and won't until he's fixed and has no chance of impregnating her again. We're fixing Ash as soon as the kittens all go to their homes.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll want to make sure the runt gets enough nipple time without being pushed off. Weighing them every day will help to make sure they are all gaining enough.

kittyconcon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm making sure that they're all being fed until they're full! :)