What will be the length of my kitten's fur?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Difficult with kittens to know for sure, but my guess is he will be "longhaired" or possibly medium  (and medium counts genetically as longhair).

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful kitten. I love a pointed long hair.

It's really hard to say. When I got Beans she was about your kitten's age. The only thing fluffy was her tail. As she grew her fur got longer and longer.

I also had a cat once whose kitten hair was very fluffy, but when he got older, he looked like a short hair.

fluffybeard

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So cute! You kitty's fur is already so fluffy! He seems like he'll have long fur, but sometimes you can't tell.

My kitten's fur didn't start growing out until he was about 4 months old, and then he got really fluffy!

Here he is at about 3 1/2 months and then at 11 months. I wasn't expecting him to turn out so fluffy cuz he looked like a short hair kitten for so long:

Last edited:

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

kittehkatlover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The fur length will probably be Medium or long looking at how fluffy he/she is. 

P.S. I think she looks like a Siamese mix.

wayv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think she will have long hair, judging by all the long strands sprouting from every crevice. Also, the hair on her back looks rather long. I'm considering adding a kitten to our one cat / one dog home. My friend picked the little guy below, from her cat's litter, because he is the fuzziest, and she knows I have a weakness for long haired cats. He doesn't look like he'll have very long hair, to me, but I'll likely take him regardless :) He is around six weeks in the recent photos, and three-four weeks in the first photo.
Thanks.

wayv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That cutie reminds me of my old cat, Seymour. I bet he will grow up looking very lionesque.

raeaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So cute! You kitty's fur is already so fluffy! He seems like he'll have long fur, but sometimes you can't tell.

My kitten's fur didn't start growing out until he was about 4 months old, and then he got really fluffy!

Here he is at about 3 1/2 months and then at 11 months. I wasn't expecting him to turn out so fluffy cuz he looked like a short hair kitten for so long:

Thanks for posting the pictures. I am thinking my new kitten has a chance at being long-
haired now!

raeaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Your kitty is beautiful!