What Ways To Up My Credit Score

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
The 0% wont matter. The card could have 25% n as long as balance amount at time of bills being sent out is paid in full by the due date each month then there will be no interest charged.

You can get a store credit card. Kohls. JcPenny. Fashion Bug. Lowes. Home depot. You don't have to use it every month either. In fact the more cards one has and you don't use them will also help your credit.

Credit rating is based on your spending habits in comparing your income to debt ratio. The goal is to have a ton of credit offered to you but you use very little of it.

So you could open 2 cards. Use only one. And still help your credit rating.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Just make sure that card has no yearly fee. Discover card used to charge a year fee. American Express too so I wouldn't use them. Most places only accept master card or visa so I would stick with those two big companies or a store credit card. I use my penneys once or twice a year. Mostly for Christmas shopping. They give us extra 20% off sometimes for using their credit card then they have the option where I can pay that credit card balance right at the cashiers desk. At least last winter thats what I did. Ring up on credit card then they run up my payment onto my credit card. So no worrying about paying the bill on time. Plus they give some money off on select days.

I know it sounds complicated but penneys on their clearance and sales were cheaper than Walmart.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's a ratio of how much you have in outstanding credit to how much you could charge if you maxed out your cards. I have several cards, but try never to get a lot on there. I have had to, usually for vet expenses or house stuff, but I try to pay it off as quickly as I can. I have outstanding credit.

My sister has two cards that are for low amounts and usually maxed out because she doesn't have a lot of money. So she has only good credit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well may have found a place will check out and hopefully it works out it's that I have low income and if I can at least give my cat a basic health check is what I do. I am on housing but with vet trips so much this year I was able to save 700 but my cat who passed ate 600 of that know she has cancer I couldn't let her live in pain

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a lot of shady places that say they'll help you build credit but they don't. . .or they make it hard to pay back so that it actually wrecks your credit. If it's anything other than a credit card affiliated with your own bank, make sure you google them a bunch to find out what other people are saying.