What Type Of Persian Is My Kitten?

butterbiscuit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
6A9F2F17-0B04-4952-B905-879594F90664.jpeg B6104341-9BE3-4A6A-93D4-780BFBD2B36A.jpeg B27EA7B1-7310-4132-8576-681EDB0BB76E.jpeg C705EAD2-224D-4995-864C-09C4D3C0F948.jpeg

Hi guys! I’m a first time poster here I’ll be bringing home my kitten soon and I’ve also been visiting him weekly. I’ve noticed that his coat color changes every time I go see him i.e. his paws, ears and tail are darker. I’d really appreciate it if someone could tell me what type of Persian he is and his coat color. His father is a black and white bi-color flatface Persian while his mom’s a black-golden shades dollfaced Persian. His 2 other siblings look like their mom but he’s the odd one out!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is very apparently a point, ie he may be called for a himalayan persian. The color seems to be black = seal. And he will be a dollface as momma.
Which suits him as himalayan persians are often not as flatfaced as other modern persians.

You will get a beuty into your home in several weeks time. :)

ps. Yes, he is a tabby too, ie lynx; lynx seal point.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

butterbiscuit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is very apparently a point, ie he may be called for a himalayan persian. The color seems to be black = seal. And he will be a dollface as momma.
Which suits him as himalayan persians are often not as flatfaced as other modern persians.

You will get a beuty into your home in several weeks time. :)
Oh I did expect that! It’s nice to get someone’s confirmation. You have no idea how many times I googled ‘cream kitten with dark ears and paws’ hahaha. With that said, is it typical for Himalayan kittens to appear cream/tan? Cos most that I’ve seen online appear to look snowy white.

butterbiscuit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with StefanZ that he’s a seal lynx point Himalayan dollface Persian. He’s a cute little guy!
Thank you for your input! :) And yes, he’s a cute lil boy but don’t let that fool you! He’s always terrorising his sisters hahaha.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its the natural color of points, to be cream / weak tan on the body. As he is seal, he will darken up with time, but never become totally black on body.
When they are newborn they are almost white.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pretty boy! I much prefer traditional Persians to the extreme faces.

missfenty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Very cute kitty❤ I saw a very similiar cat being sold by a local breeder, except it has like a marble pattern on her whites too! heres the photo...

Attachments

butterbiscuit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very cute kitty❤ I saw a very similiar cat being sold by a local breeder, except it has like a marble pattern on her whites too! heres the photo...
Wow that’s a pretty kitty! Biscuit has grown so much and he’s become wayyyy darker!

Attachments