what type of kitten is this spotted lil baby

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 here is my five month old supposed bengal jane 

The top photo, is, a "well bred" or "show quality" Bengal. The other Bengal is "pet quality". I have owned and rescued foundation (F1-F4) and SBT Bengals. Also, there is no harm in miss marked cats. Please, do not be offend. I own a nonstandard/pet quality F3 Savannah. He isn't from a BYB either They have been breeding Bengals (Asian Lepoard cat male and a domestic), Savannahs (African Serval male and domestic), Chausies (Jungle Cat male and a domestic) and the ultra rare Safari cat (that is a cross between a male Geoffrey Cat and a domestic) for a very long time

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Curious how many of them are show quality and how many shows do you attend? As the top photo is nothing like any of the top show cats I've ever seen, though I've only been showing for 7 years.

Friend who breeds them agrees the top photo's head type is pet quality, and I do take the opinion of an experienced breeder to be correct. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melanie cartel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
heres a few more pictures to help with your debate and ill post pics of his dam and sire as well  

those are his father 

his dam 

and now the finished product tarzan 

either way he is an amazing cat and has the best temperament he has reached and exceeded my expectations but love to hear everyones opinion hope these pics help 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I myself think the very first top photo of him, in this tread here, happens to be a not so flattering. Giving the impression he is not very typical, say of pet quality. On others pics his head does improve some.   :)

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<snip>

(or get her acknowledged as "novice" - but this is rarely done, I dont know if it is at all possible in your  situation and your association, I presume you support Tica, Tarzans association.)
This is something that seems to be unique to where you live, possibly only for a few breeds as well.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is something that seems to be unique to where you live, possibly only for a few breeds as well.
Novice Bengals aren't accepted at all, even the F1-F4 are now forbidden. (There's FIFé in UK as well, I know few BSH breeders who breed under FIFé over there).

melanie cartel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
not to sure what it means to novice the cat or whatever…thank you hunter cats they are such sweet lil babies

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not to sure what it means to novice the cat or whatever…
A novice is a cat of unknown ancestry but fits perfectly into a breed standard of certain breed. If 2 judges think the cat is 'good enough', the cat is officially taken into the breed and it gets an actual breed status & registration papers. This is possible with few breeds, like European Shorthair, Manx/Cymric, Siberian, Sokoke and probably some others which I'm forgetting. There may be area restrictions, like a Siberian novice which has to come from the old Soviet Union area, or Sokoke novice which has to come from a certain part of Kenia in order to be taken into the breed.

melanie cartel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you i understand now.i don't know if we have that here in canada and i won't bother either way she's just a pet i just wanted peoples opinion on what type of cat she is :) thank you everyone.. 

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Curious how many of them are show quality

5 of the SBT Bengals where former stud cats. All five where CH by the breeders. I took them, since, despite being castrated they still sprayed. I have an area in my home, that, can house a spraying cat 

and how many shows do you attend?

I have attended 20 different shows (T.I.C.A.) in the USA and three in Thailand. 

As the top photo is nothing like any of the top show cats I've ever seen, though I've only been showing for 7 years.

I didn't know, you, showed Bengal cats.

Friend who breeds them agrees the top photo's head type is pet quality, and I do take the opinion of an experienced breeder to be correct. 

I should hope so. I am only familiar with F1's. Since, one was my personal pet and most of my foster Bengals where F1's or HP F2.
To the OP, you have very very pretty and handsome cats. I hope you enjoy them. Please, feel free to add more photo's and stories. I 
 your cats 

Last edited:

melanie cartel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you they are such a joy xo will post more :)