What type of Brush should i use on Ruby

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am almost 100% certain that Ruby is either going to be a long to medium haired cat , she is now 14 weeks old and if anything she's getting fluffier by the day.

I have had a long haired cat before so I know you have to keep on top of their coats.

Since I got Ruby at 10 weeks old I've been  using a baby brush and comb on her and she's as got quite used to this, I just do five or ten minutes a day making it more of a play time thing.

My late Merlin was a big 18lb cat so I could brush him quite firmly , Ruby on the other hand is quite delicate she is very bony under her fur and I can't see her weighing anymore than 6 or 7lb as an adult cat , so I want to get the right grooming brush for her that's going to suit her delicate build.

Do you have any suggestions as to what type of brush ?

Her fur seems quite silky at the moment , but that could just be her age.

As you can see , just with a baby brush she as fluffed up quite a lot ,

Last edited:

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is very adorable!!

I have a medium length cat, with which I use a combination of a comb and slicker brush. The comb is great because it gets through her coat, and the slicker brush traps the fur as I brush so it doesn't fly away everywhere. The slicker brush keeps her nice and silky, and is gentle on her skin and coat.

Hope this helps!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your help and suggestions