What type is my Siamese cat?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oy, it was a rather unusul coloring...  How old is he?

The body color and the masque seems to be blue.  How are the ears and the tail?  black?  Chokolade?  blue they too?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is about 5 years and this is his tail and ears

I will take the plunge and decide he is blue anyway, even if I dont see the exact shade on my so so monitor.

A seal (black). point could darken up so much being 5 years.     A blue will too darken up, but this much is unusual.

Thus, my guess is, he is really a double mixed point,  one siamese point gene, one burmese point gene.

These cats tend often to darken up in the body.  They tend also to not have the eyes so clearly blue as yours, but but but, its still the best explanation.  The blue eyes hints perhaps some refining, alike in the forward breeden Tonkinese...

So, what I can understand, what you have is essentially a tonkinese, or at least, a good look alike.

Congrats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nadiakiridly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will take the plunge and decide he is blue anyway, even if I dont see the exact shade on my so so monitor.
A seal (black). point could darken up so much being 5 years.     A blue will too darken up, but this much is unusual.

Thus, my guess is, he is really a double mixed point,  one siamese point gene, one burmese point gene.

These cats tend often to darken up in the body.  They tend also to not have the eyes so clearly blue as yours, but but but, its still the best explanation.  The blue eyes hints perhaps some refining, alike in the forward breeden Tonkinese...

So, what I can understand, what you have is essentially a tonkinese, or at least, a good look alike.

Congrats!
Oh and also under that patch of grey on his body there is white like it just turned grey with age? Kinda like with people's hair! He used to be all white with the Siamese points I must have a photo somewhere from when he was younger