What to Use to Sperate Out Food?

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I am back on the raw feeding train with my trio. I order their food from Rebel Raw. It comes in 16oz packages.

Has anyone found a silicone ice cube tray or something else that I can portion into 1oz servings?

What works for you?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know of a friend who uses ice cube trays to split canned tuna/juice into single servings, and then takes out one each day for giving her cat meds. She takes each one out and lets it thaw, which doesn't take a lot of time. If it works for her, I don't see why you couldn't do it with the raw food. There are also trays that come with lids it you would prefer covering the food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I know of a friend who uses ice cube trays to split canned tuna/juice into single servings, and then takes out one each day for giving her cat meds. She takes each one out and lets it thaw, which doesn't take a lot of time. If it works for her, I don't see why you couldn't do it with the raw food. There are also trays that come with lids it you would prefer covering the food.
I'm finding food grade silicon ice trays, but every says they're not quite 1oz, which is frustrating.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Really? Wow. These say they are one ounce?
Amazon.com: DOQAUS Ice Cube Trays 4 Pack, Easy-Release Silicone & Flexible 14-Ice Cube Trays with Spill-Resistant Removable Lid, LFGB Certified and BPA Free, for Cocktail, Freezer, Stackable Ice Trays with Covers: Home & Kitchen
Even the trays that are actually one ounce a piece would likely mean for liquid, so not entirely accurate for non-liquid items to begin with.

Does Rebel Raw offer any kind of measuring utensil to dole out an ounce at a time from their 16 oz. packages? Might be worth asking them if they have any suggestions on how to do that. If not, could you split a package into 16 equal sized portions, and then place them in the trays. It won't be 100% accurate, but I would think it would come pretty close.