What To Expect? First Time Kitten Mum!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you still no labour signs of yet shes eating.. just sleeping a lot and thats it x

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm in the same boat as you just patiently waiting lol
Its so hard isnt it the not knowing i just want to be there when she has them etc and make sure shes alright, im like a nervous wreck haha i cant sleep i keep having to check on her! and how is your lady doing? x

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The waiting is unbearable! Ny last birthing I was present fro, I swear she went three months instead of two, and I knew exactly when she got pregnant. She looked like a bowling ball with toothpicks for legs!She was so uncomfortable she couldn't even lay on her side, and STILL lasted another week. I knew she was in labour only because of the wetness on her rear end. She ended up having seven, everything went well, and so will yours, keep on posting!

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The waiting is unbearable! Ny last birthing I was present fro, I swear she went three months instead of two, and I knew exactly when she got pregnant. She looked like a bowling ball with toothpicks for legs!She was so uncomfortable she couldn't even lay on her side, and STILL lasted another week. I knew she was in labour only because of the wetness on her rear end. She ended up having seven, everything went well, and so will yours, keep on posting!
Thank you i hope everything goes smooth for her as far as i know its her first litter, and not sure when she fell on how ever she is the same shes massive! like a ball on legs, she has got no hair around her nipples now and they look a lot bigger, all she wants to do all day is sleep.. she will move from one place to the other... in her box.. .and then under the christmas tree.. and then on the middle of the floor and then back again bless her ... shes so big she cant jump up on anything any more she needs help :(

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its so hard isnt it the not knowing i just want to be there when she has them etc and make sure shes alright, im like a nervous wreck haha i cant sleep i keep having to check on her! and how is your lady doing? x
It most certainly is its my lil ladies first litter too she's soooo uncomfortable and stilllll no sign of kittens lol how much do you want to bet they'll end up going into labour on the same day haha

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a grandma!!!!!!

She's had her babies this morning didn't get to see her giving birth she decided that under my son's bed I'm his pram carrycot would be a good place!! I got there just as baby number 5 came out... It's been an hour and half now and I think she's done...

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
going to put it on a new post now :D all the pics x

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my lovely lady had her babies this morning last one about 7.45am... i missed the entire birth!! Just went to check on her as the last baby had come out with placenta :) shes been a super good mummy how ever i did have to cut the cord for one baby as mummy was super tired and just left it for ages .. other than that shes done amazing we have got 5 gorgeous babies ... 3 black and white, 1 tabby and white, and 1 just like mummy! no idea if there boys.. girls or what ever as i cannot tell this young!! :)

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations. Glad all the kittens are well and mum looks proud of herself and very contented

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations. Glad all the kittens are well and mum looks proud of herself and very contented
thank you :) she seems to be doing great they all seem to be feeding well etc and mummys eating and drinking fine

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've just lost one of the kittens.... no reason behind it nothing just passed away it weighed the same as the others however when born yesterday mummy didn't cut cord or eat placenta I had to cut the cord etc don't no weather she knew something was wrong I'm heartbroken...

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitten 1 - 101g
Kitten 2 - 101g
Kitten 3 - 117g
Kitten 4 - 90g
Kitten 5 - 99g (passed away)

These were there weights today on day 1 I didn't weight them at birth just got my scales sorted today for them... I'm. Praying I don't loose anymore they are all feeding and seem okay

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does happen, no one knows why. The fact that she didn't want to cut the cord may very well mean she sensed something was wrong. Just keep weighing the remaining babies , it is the best way to determine if everything is going all right.
I'm so sorry for the loss, I know how much it hurts.Her tiny little soul will be forever tied to your own, because you loved her. I'll pray for you both.

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It does happen, no one knows why. The fact that she didn't want to cut the cord may very well mean she sensed something was wrong. Just keep weighing the remaining babies , it is the best way to determine if everything is going all right.
I'm so sorry for the loss, I know how much it hurts.Her tiny little soul will be forever tied to your own, because you loved her. I'll pray for you both.
Thank you I've had a good cry... And I held him fo a while mummy seems to accept he's gone and she's sleeping and feeding the others

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well my bets off lol Maggie's stilllll pregnant sigh lol I feel Like she's going to be pregnant forever lol

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well my bets off lol Maggie's stilllll pregnant sigh lol I feel Like she's going to be pregnant forever lol
I felt that way but she wont :) they will be here before you know it!!