What to do?

chinadoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
instead of coming to me and asking me to keep Noel locked in my room, my roomates complained straight to the landlord who was reluctant of me having her up here to begin with.. I can either keep her locked in my room or bring her home. Well, after talking with my mom she agreed that I can take Noel back to her house until I am out of my lease. This will be better for Noel because this way there is no chance of someone "accidentally" letting her outside, etc.

But I do have a new problem because of this.. The main reason I brought Noel up here to begin with was because our younger cats chase her and harass her to the point that she was over-grooming and bleeding.

What can I do to ensure that she stays happy and stress free until Im able to move her back in with me?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Does your mom have a room that she can make Noel's "safe" place? Somewhere that she can shut Noel in and keep the other cats out?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chinadoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She does have a spare bedroom, and we can bungee-cord the door shut since Jason knows how to turn the door knobs and open the doors. My main concern then would be her lonlieness.. We thought she was a standoffish "loner" cat until I brought her up here.. she actually really adores humans and I think one reason of her over grooming may have been from a lack of cuddling and attention.. Even playing we always thought she was too old for it
thats why this is so hard because now that I know she is a people-cat I don't want her to be neglected.

herekittykitty8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi China Doll,
I'm so sorry your roomates went over your head like that straight to your landlord! How Unfair! I thought from one of your previous posts there were other animals, including a cat that lived there. What are they blaming poor Noel for doing that is getting her kicked out of her happy home with you? Are they totally unwilling to come to an agreement?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chinadoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is my dog, my roomates labrador, when her fiance visits her labradors puppy comes with him (usually for a few days), and my other roomates declawed cat that likes to pee on other cats. I found out that the one roomate who does not have a pet here (there are 4 of us) complained to the landlord about all of our pets. He is not kicking is daughters cat out because he doesn't want it at his house, and the dogs are in the lease. So the only animal not in the lease is my cat, I can keep her here, but I worry about her safety without her written into the lease as well as the fourth roomate. The specific complaint for both cats was that their poop smelled.. I think one roomate thinks her stuff dont stink if you know what I mean because everyone's poop smells (except my grandmas, papa says its like roses).

herekittykitty8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How terrible of your petless roomate.
He/She seems to be the odd man out with no pets living in the apartment... maybe you should call the landlord on him/her and get THEM booted from the apartment rather than your precious baby.