What To Do With This...

cute_sunny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi y'all~ in my previous threads I explained my rescued kitten cannot use his back legs to walk and sit like a normal cat, although sometimes I see him moving them. anyway vet thought it's neurological and might not control his bladder and bowel movement, meaning he just do these things without knowing he is doing them. I flipped a cardboard box and put it so he can use it as a house. he started pooping inside the box (bottom of the box is pet pad) that was ok until one morning I found his stool on one side of the cardboard box. so I put this box on the litter box and tape it so to cover the litter box. he spent most of the night inside the litter box and poop there...I put another small house for him to stay in and he went in and stayed and then pooped inside the house, walked away still pooping...basically, he does it where he stays and seems like he has no control over what he's doing.. for urine, he just does it everywhere, sometimes when playing. I am very exhausted from cleaning and it smells bad. basically need to give him diapers? the vet advised to use a cage with a plate at the bottom so that plate can be removed and cleaned each time, but that doesn't solve his behavior..anybody with similar experience? Thx

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not really a "behavior"---it's a medical problem. I agree that he'll need diapers. There are a lot of options for cat diapers on etsy and other craft sites. Small dog diapers will work too; don't give up on them just because they don't say they're for cats. And, because he can get urine scald if he wears diapers all the time, when you aren't home you can put him in a large cage with a close-spaced and coated wire bottom for drainage, that way he can air out a bit.

Good on you for taking in a disabled kitty! It's tough, but rewarding!